Casablanca and a remarkable roast lamb meal!

foze

270% of the reason that we cruise is to eat different kinds of food, and do quite a lot of research of ports we're visiting. This time, cruising on Celebrity Infinity, included Casablanca and so decided I needed to have a traditional pastilla. More study and settled on a nice looking restaurant in the old town. Restaurant in question was Restaurant Dar El Kaid in the Old Town. Lovely thing, too, it is an old synagogue and very beautiful. Pastilla with shredded pigeon was excellent, and yes, that is icing sugar on it, this is the traditional way of serving it.

Right, main course. Eventually we settle on "slow roasted lamb for two". We both love a bit of roast lamb, yes, we'll have that please. Expecting a nice plate of slow cooked lamb, what arrived was a whole roasted shoulder of lamb. My goodness it was a thing of beauty! I attacked it with a fork and spoon - yes it was that tender - and we fought over the "crunchy bits". Whilst we did finish it off - I did say we love lamb - it'd easily serve 4.

Anyway, if you think that sounds good, and the pastilla is "the" Moroccan thing, apparently, but if you like roast lamb, your mouth will love you forever!

Oh, and the vegetables with garlic butter were divine!!!

Postscript: just as we were coming to the end of the meal, in walks a person with a "big friendly X" on a paddleboard, trailed by perhaps 20 people. They go upstairs. Minutes later another group turns up, and then another. Part of one of the "experience Casablanca" tours. They had a huge and really good looking buffet. 

image.png.821598a1955961b3ff66182b83ea789b.pngimage.png.a5fc9f3c03264ca580d09a38dc98e2ea.pngimage.thumb.png.636fd00f7bdae8679831dad2c908be9d.png
  • Thanks 1