Rental car question

JackieH

I am sorry if Im posting this in the wrong section. Anyways, we are going on the Valor this coming August, the cruise leaves on Aug 20th. We are flying into Ft Lauderdale Aug 19th, and we will get a rental car from the airport. We will spend overnight at my parents condo(who live in the Ft Lauderdale area)and drive ourselves to Miami the next day. Ok, my question, do all the rental cars in the Cruise ship area, have shuttles to the ships? How long is the ride from the rental agencies to the ships? Im just trying to gear what time we should leave On August 20th, in order to return the car and get shuttled to the ship? We picked the rental car way as it will be cheaper then geting taxi's back and forth to my parents then to Miami. My dad hates to drive into Miami, so that is not an option.

Also we are going to get a rental car after the cruise is over, how does that work? Will they have a shuttle for us when we get off the ship to take us to the rental car place?

Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.

Sometimes shuttles (whether hotel or car rental) are more of a hassle then their worth. I would consider renting from Avis. They just opened an office in downtown Miami less then a mile from the port. A taxi from their offices to the port is around $5. No dealing with crowds, no lines, no stopping at other terminals to drop off passengers or pick up passengers. Hop on a cab and go, your at the terminal in 5 minutes..

AVIS Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street, (at Southeast 1st Avenue), Miami, FL 33131 , U S A

(1) 305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-04:00PM; Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM; Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

Archived