Cancelled Excursion to Book Cabana and Says I am Double Booked?

roxannex

Hmmm. I decided to cancel an excursion for a day and book a cabana instead. I was able to cancel the excursion, but the website won't "catch up" so now I cannot book the cabana since it says I'm double booked. I'm on hold with Celebrity. My sailing is sold out, so I'm worried it will get booked up while the refund processes. Has anyone had this happen? If so, how long did it take to no longer appear as double booked? What's weird is that there should be no reason why I can't have an excursion and cabana on the same day if I want. 

15 minutes ago, roxannex said:

Hmmm. I decided to cancel an excursion for a day and book a cabana instead. I was able to cancel the excursion, but the website won't "catch up" so now I cannot book the cabana since it says I'm double booked. I'm on hold with Celebrity. My sailing is sold out, so I'm worried it will get booked up while the refund processes. Has anyone had this happen? If so, how long did it take to no longer appear as double booked? What's weird is that there should be no reason why I can't have an excursion and cabana on the same day if I want. 

I had that happen with a dining reservation.  It took a few minutes to clear.  Have you tried to do it on another browser or the app?  Maybe also log out of your account and log back in.

• Like 1

It just went through. So not long. I thought it might be a few days. I didn't realize there were gratuities on it, though. One of the reasons I wanted to book was that my friend doesn't drink so we both have the zero proof package. I don't drink a lot, but a bottle of alcohol would be nice for the week. I was going to do the stateroom package, but then I felt like maybe the cabana would just be a better deal. Now I'm not so sure. Oh well! I like planning!

Once you cancel refresh the order page and the page you are doing the new booking on (I use different tabs when rebooking the same excursion at a different price).  If OBC is used this immediately handles the credit.  Won't speed up a refund to a credit card, though.

I had a similar problem last night. One of my excursions had gone from a 10% to a 15% discount, so I cancelled to rebook at the new price. Unlike previous times I've done this, the excursion continued to show "reserved" for at least a couple of hours; I stopped checking at that point because I was asleep. If I tried to book anyway, I got a message that I was already booked on an excursion at that time. (I tried refreshing the page, logging out and back in, checking on another device, etc.) Maybe Celebrity is changing the speed at which cancellations are processed to keep people from doing exactly this?

Most interestingly, there was a period late last night where the page for the excursion listed the lower price when I was logged out, but when I logged in it showed the higher price. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Today the excursion no longer shows as "reserved" when I log in, but it's back to the old price, whether I'm logged in or not. Oh well.

18 hours ago, GlitterFemme said:

I had a similar problem last night. One of my excursions had gone from a 10% to a 15% discount, so I cancelled to rebook at the new price. Unlike previous times I've done this, the excursion continued to show "reserved" for at least a couple of hours; I stopped checking at that point because I was asleep. If I tried to book anyway, I got a message that I was already booked on an excursion at that time. (I tried refreshing the page, logging out and back in, checking on another device, etc.) Maybe Celebrity is changing the speed at which cancellations are processed to keep people from doing exactly this?

Most interestingly, there was a period late last night where the page for the excursion listed the lower price when I was logged out, but when I logged in it showed the higher price. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Today the excursion no longer shows as "reserved" when I log in, but it's back to the old price, whether I'm logged in or not. Oh well.

I had that too last week, took about 20 minutes to finally clear so I could rebook at the cheaper price. I was on edge thinking I'd lost out on the excursion whilst trying to save some money. Didn't do that a couple of months ago