The Kitchen Table ??

Bo1331

We’re on Viking Sky for our first Viking cruise and see they have The Kitchen Table, what is it.  It looks like a on board cooking school.  Any info on it.

3 hours ago, Bo1331 said:

We’re on Viking Sky for our first Viking cruise and see they have The Kitchen Table, what is it.  It looks like a on board cooking school.  Any info on it.

There are two versions. One is a shore excursion with the Executive Chef -- a visit to a local market to shop for the ingredients for a meal that you will then assist the chef in preparing. Not offered on every itinerary or sailing.

The other is  an at-sea day activity where you prepare a meal with the chef and then enjoy it. Usually offered on sailings with multiple at-sea days. 

Both versions are very limited capacity.

• Like 1

We were on the Star last month for the Grand Hawaii & Polynesian and dw did 7 kitchen tables including the long one where she went shopping with chef.  They were the highlight of her cruise.  I believe price was $69 for regular classes and $269 for the big one.  Each had a different theme (Italian, French, Caribbean, Australian, etc).  Attendance is limited to 12.  Guest services would be happy to go over details with you.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

We have one shore-ex version on our upcoming cruise. Is there a standard time for when everyone reunites on board for cooking and eating? The shore-ex is listed as 1-3PM, but I'm guessing that that just covers wandering around going shopping, and then we actually cook it up later?

Thanks!

-- Ethan

There are 2 versions.  One is an excursion on a port day where you go shopping with the chef and prepare a meal.  The other is an excursion only on sea days.  It starts at 10 am in the morning, where 12 people get together and help the chef cook a set meal.  At the end, you sit down and eat a late lunch around 1.  This pops up on the excursion section of the interactive TVs in your room as an offering on sea days, and it’s $69 pp.  At the end, you get to keep your Viking apron and receive a printout of the recipes you cooked.  
I left the world cruise with 4 aprons.  I didn’t do all of them that were offered, but only the ones that interested me.  I signed up for the one on our Northern Lights cruise we just returned from, but rather than a sea day, we were flown to London.  

I was on the cruise with Baron's wife and did what she did....7 classes plus Kitchen Table shopping with Chef Joseph and 4 assistants. We did not cook that meal, it was served to us. In the classes we cooked. I had a wonderful time!!!