Cabins Being Chosen For You By Princess

Happy2Crews

I've been looking at cruises well into 2025 and 2026 and I'm finding that for some new bookings one can not choose the deck and cabin one would like. Some ships may offer mid-ship but not allow the cabin choice and list the other areas (forward, mid-forward, aft and mid-aft) as 'sold out' through 2026.  My husband and I have recently booked a deluxe balcony for a Dec 2024 cruise and was told by the Princess TA we would be notified prior to sailing of our cabin assignment.   Is this a new policy with their present sale package that includes a "free" room upgrade?  Should I be concerned with the cabin I'll be assigned?   Any experiences with cabins being assigned that were beyond what you expected or less than what you expected?  

Thanks for your input. 😎

Pam

Princess in the past year or so, has made booking a specific cabin for deluxe balconies for only 2 passengers on a guaranteed basis. Because these cabins have a sofa and can accommodate 3, some have reported the work around is make your booking as if you are booking for 3, and suddenly many cabins will appear that you can select to book.

If you have TA or vacation planner from Princess, they should be able to do this for you and ,no you do not need to book 3 people. Just initially search like you were booking for 3 , then tell your TA which cabin you would like to select and they should be able to book it for only 2. 

Report back if this works for your situation.