Port of San Diego ???

trustthedj

You can park directly across the street from the pier and walk to the ships (generally most costly), or pick any of the long-term offsite airport lots. How much do you want to pay, do you want a fenced lot? Easiest/cheapest option is drop 5 off at the pier with luggage, drive car to offsite lot, catch shuttle back to pier and join the family in line.

Where are you driving from? Another option - There are several hotels near the port that include parking if you stay there the night before. We always drive the day or two before and this was the most ecomomical way for us to go, no matter what port we sail out of. Also, I know several cruisers that just take Amtrak from their home towns, as the train stops right near the port.

i always use the park n fly/ride when i fly out of town. the shuttle always drove us to the airport. i would check with them if they will drop you off at the port. i would assume so since the port is so close to the airport

If you are driving in at least the day before, the Best Western Bayside Inn has a "Stay, Park & Cruise package that covers your room for one night and seven nights of additional (mostly covered) parking (the flyer I have says $159.00) and their shuttle (they have 2) will take you from the hotel to the ship and then pick you up from the ship and take you back to get your car as part of the deal.

Stayed there last April before sailing on the Spirit (8 night, only paid an extra $5.00 for the extra day of parking) and staying there agin this September before flying from San Diego to Honolulu for the Spirit's Honolulu to Ensenada sailing, Carnival will bus from Ensenada to San Diego. So the BW will shuttle us to the aitrport and picjk-us us where-ever we get dropped by the bus to get our car.

The BW is not fancy, but with a Microwave, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, iron, Ironing Board, Room Service and a free Continental Breakfast it ain't bad!

Aladdin Parking has a garage on Laurel. It's only a $1 a day more than the uncovered lot across the street from the cruise terminal. Their shuttle drives you right up to the porters--much faster and easier than self-parking across the street. When we got our bags we called them--within minutes their shuttle arived to take us to our car. Highly reccommend them.

Archived