Barecelona Questions - Hop On Hop Off And Food Tour

We have 2 days precruise in Barecelona in late April.  

Looking to use the Hop on Hop Off for transportation.  Pro's & Con's?  We are staying H10 Catalunya Plaza.

Looking for Food Tour company recommendations.

Thank you.

Hello:

I don't particularly like HO-HO buses. Regarding the one in Barcelona (in some of these threads we have talked about it), I have to say that they also do not pass in front of the most interesting places. That they don't pass in front of the cathedral... logical because it is a pedestrian zone, but I don't understand why the bus doesn't cross the Rambla. I insist on everyone who takes a short tour of Barcelona to walk along that street, and the HOHO bus does not cross it (it is not because they cannot, as there are several bus lines in Barcelona that do pass along the Rambla).

However, if you wish, the tourist bus has two different routes with several stops where both coincide. Each tour lasts 2 full hours and costs 33 euros (it can be cheaper on the website). There is a discount if you order it for 48 hours.
4 hours of travel, if you do it all, there is barely enough time to get up and down.

My recommendation... DIY!!!. Visit Barcelona on your own.

To visit the Gothic Quarter and the Rambla, not only do you not need a bus, but the HOHO does not go there.
To visit Paseo de Gracia and Casa Batllo and others around, and to visit Sagrada Familia you only need to buy tickets.

and if you want, I put this post with an area of Barcelona that is as interesting as it is unknown.
It is not the place that visits those who only stay for a day but I assure you that this would not disappoint you at all

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2981525-🩵-one-day-in-barcelona-montjuic-mountain/#comment-66668716

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, lakegirl16 said:

We are staying H10 Catalunya Plaza.

i agree about the HOHO, but furthermore, staying in that location you would find it easier to simply walk, eg Ramblas (if you must), the Gothic Quarter, Cathedral and others are within a few minutes walk from your hotel with no transport needed, and much of that area is pedestrianised anyway.

For any sights further afield, Barcelona has very good public transport (buses and metro) or use a taxi to get you there. Much info on all of that online and  this recent thread  by Alserodd would be a good starting point.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2976917-transport-in-barcelona-taxi-metro-bus-etc-to-the-city-port-and-airport-all-information-and-questions/page/2/#comment-66697373

If planning to visit Sagrada Familia, you absolutely must pre-book a timed entry via their official website.

Looking for Food Tour company recommendations.  Sorry, have never felt the need for one despite multiple visits.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have prepared this post about my recommendations in Gothic neighbourhood (or Gothic quarter)

and these ones about Montjuic 

As you can see, HOHO bus doesn't cross those points.

Gothic quarter is a MUST