Expedition cruising?

iticlaudia

46 minutes ago, iticlaudia said:

During Covid the hubby and I like everyone else in the world watched many, many travel shows.  One of my favorites (and I'm sure the ladies here would agree) was Men in Kilts.  When I saw this British Isle itinerary it immediately made me think of that show.  Of course, in the show they visit a distillery, which really is something the hubby would like to do.  With all these ports can anyone suggest a fabulous distillery we could visit on our own?   I've attached a picture of all the stops.

BTW please don't bust my bubble by telling me that there aren't men like Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish running around in kilts!  LOL!!  A girl can dream!  😂

1e8bf8eee1982328ba2cb9d5fc4d89164feff254-936x1040 (1).webp

That is exactly the itinerary I want to do.  Please give some details.  (But I don’t like any sort of whiskey. Sorry.)

10 hours ago, iticlaudia said:

Of course, in the show they visit a distillery, which really is something the hubby would like to do.  With all these ports can anyone suggest a fabulous distillery we could visit on our own?   I've attached a picture of all the stops.

Highland Park and Scapa distilleries are on the island of Orkney.  A taxi from Stromness should take less than 30 minutes.  Our cruise (on Seabourn Quest) stopped at Kirkwall, which is only slightly closer to the two distilleries.  We visited both.

On 1/15/2024 at 5:23 PM, Fletcher said:

Tastings are not of 'Scotch' but whisky, usually single malt which is not Scotch.  Nor do you ever do a 'Scots cruise.' You do a Scottish cruise.  Golf courses are Scottish, not Scotch which is a sort of whisky. But not a single malt.  

Fletcher, we trust your travel advice, but your whisky knowledge is a tad lacking.  Scotch whisky is a proper term for whisky made in Scotland.  Scotch whisky can be a single malt, a blended malt, a blended whisky, or a single grain whisky.  The photo below shows a Single Malt Scotch Whisky.

20230917_190532_resized.thumb.jpg.95c3d684eeca451004c9ae4555151166.jpg

• Like 1