Skagway-Chilkoot tours for train/bus question

sepalma23

Sorry, I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find anything!  Looking at booking with Chilkoot for the Yukon Rail & bus excursion and see that the 7:30 am time is train first and 9:30 am is bus first.  Would rather the 9:30 am time, but wondering if it really matters as far as scenery, etc if taking the bus first?  Is there a difference in the excursion by doing the bus first vs the train first?  I wouldn't think so, so wanted opinions from people who have done this before!  TIA for any information!

I had the same question and ended up doing bus first.

For two reasons:

1)   I assume that if there is going to be wildlife, it is more likely to be seen in the morning and therefore I wanted the option that could stop to see the wildlife.  AKA the bus.

2)   Starting at 9:30 AM instead of 7:30 AM sounds better to me :)

So for #1, that is just a pure assumption on my part and could be completely the opposite of what happens. I have no facts to back up my assumption.  I might miss out on wildlife because of my assumption since 7:30 AM is earlier, so I might miss out on early morning wildlife.

12 hours ago, SirTomster said:

I had the same question and ended up doing bus first.

For two reasons:

1)   I assume that if there is going to be wildlife, it is more likely to be seen in the morning and therefore I wanted the option that could stop to see the wildlife.  AKA the bus.

2)   Starting at 9:30 AM instead of 7:30 AM sounds better to me 🙂

So for #1, that is just a pure assumption on my part and could be completely the opposite of what happens. I have no facts to back up my assumption.  I might miss out on wildlife because of my assumption since 7:30 AM is earlier, so I might miss out on early morning wildlife.

I have seen wildlife in the afternoon. I wouldn't think there is a difference.