Cas Abou for snorkeling

SKSMIKE5

Has anyone been here lately that can let me know the best way to get there from the cruise port. A post stated taxi fare about 18 mths ago was about $60 one way. I assume that is for the cab and not per person. Snorkel tours our limited for our time in port (0700-1600) nd I've read that Cas Abou has great snorkeling, turtles, and facilities. Appreciate any information anyone has. Thanks!

I was at cas abao last year on a tour through HAL, so I can't answer about taxis. I snorkeled and saw some fish--sergeant majors, tangs, the usual suspects. Nothing special. No turtles. There's a long rock jetty where people snorkel. There's also a big rock not too far from shore. As I was walking to the water, I saw a snorkeler coming out. I asked how the snorkeling was and he said I would see the same fish at the jetty as at the rock, so I just explored the rock area, as the water was kind of bouncy that day. I didn't have fins, and I wore water shoes because it's rocky near the edge. (That tip came from online reviews of the tour)

There are facilities. Showers aren't great. You buy a token and it gets you a very quick rinse. There's a bar, but I don't remember if there was food. They rent snorkel gear. I don't know how it was, as I had my own.