Oistins or St Lawrence gap?

GINGERWILDCAT

We have the two days stopover in Barbados during our cruise, we enjoy a good night out so our dilemma is, Oistins or St Lawrence gap, can someone point out the positives and negatives of both places? Which has the biggest selection of bars/restaurants? TIA.

We've been to St Lawrence Gap during the day but not at night. Lots of bars and restaurants - great place and would go back. It's a lively marina type place.

Also been to Oistens Fish Fry on Friday night. Here its busier, loud music, market stalls and streetfood type stalls with lots of sit down tables near the street food. One big party. Would go back as well. 

Both great but the bucket list one for me has to be the fish fry. It's unique and almost magical I would say. As long as you don't mind some hustle and bustle at certain times.

Felt perfectly safe at both places. But obviously keep your wallet/bag safe like any busy place.

If you go to the fish fry the ship do trips but also towards the end of Friday as you head back on board it easy to ask the taxi drivers for a price. Takes 45 mins ish I seem to remember to get there. Can't remember what we paid. But we shared with another couple. Loads of people from the cruise ships head there. 

• Like 1