Kailua Kona - 2 days - water activities

astrocat

Kia ora, we are an NZ family group of 4 adults who will be having two days (X Solstice) in Kailua Kona in April (arrive 7am first day, depart evening of 2nd day). Keen to reach out to a couple of water based companies for snorkel trip - possible catamaran sail - options. Can anyone recommend? I wasn't sure how many of the best companies (there seem to be lots which have good recommendations) are based in the Kailua port, or do you have to travel to get to them/will they pick you up? We have previously snorkeled Kealakekua Bay and am open to trying it again (it was great but quite busy) or doing something a little more bespoke. When I get a better sense, I will also ask on our roll call if anyone is interested in joining us (we generally organise private tours) but touching base with the experts here first! Thank you, Astrocat and family. 

Being there overnight will give you a tremendous opportunity to do a manta ray snorkel dive. Can't really recommend an operator, but it's worth checking out.