Advice Needed: Early Disembarkation for flight out of Fort Lauderdale

9 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Cost is $25pp.  Needs to be with one of the airlines listed.  Here is the link https://maketraveleasier.com/holland/faqs

19 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

I would do Luggage Direct with HAL for sailings disembarking in FLL.  You won't see your bags again until you are at your final destination.  In my opinion, it is well worth it. Then early walk off ship and take cab or Uber to the airport and 10:30 flight should be fine. 

If OP goes for the 10:30 flight, that's earlier than luggage direct allows. For some airlines, 11:30 would be too early, also. United wants the flight to be 12:00 or later. With a connection at Atlanta, OP is likely flying Delta, and I don't know what their cutoff is, but 10:30 is probably too early for them, too.

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

If OP goes for the 10:30 flight, that's earlier than luggage direct allows. For some airlines, 11:30 would be too early, also. United wants the flight to be 12:00 or later. With a connection at Atlanta, OP is likely flying Delta, and I don't know what their cutoff is, but 10:30 is probably too early for them, too.

Good point!  It has been awhile since we have used it and the little grey cells, just aren't as sharp as they used to be.

I would take the 10:30, BUT also use Luggage Direct to handle your bags all the way to your home airport, do the self walk off as early as possible and take a taxi (usually no waiting if you are early off.  A month ago we were at the gate by 8:30 am.  TSA helps also, but likely not necessary if early.

Even though the Luggage Direct guidelines state no flights before 11:30, I have used it (as recently as Dec 2023) just as a few have mentioned here; that allows you to avoid the long luggage lines.

If you have either Global Entry or TSA Precheck you will also be able to go through the shorter security lines.

Luggage Direct also checks you in for your flight so that is 1 less thing have to do.

You will know if you are or are not approved for Luggage Direct by the packet you receive onboard so you can plan accordingly. 

Remember, how quickly you arexable to get off the ship depends on it's actual arrival time and how quickly it's cleared for passengers to depart.