Shuttle buses

EarleyretiredJB

We’ve only just booked on Q412 leaving Tokyo on 28 March 2024, and finding quite a few of the Cunard shore excursions (English speaking) already booked up.

Will Cunard provide a shuttle bus into city centres? (Akita, Kanazawa, Busan in S Korea and Shimizu)

Don’t know about shuttles, but if excursions sold out before sailing, once onboard they will often add extra capacity (extra buses etc) so booking becomes possible and some you can ask to waitlist as some people may cancel last minute.

8 hours ago, EarleyretiredJB said:

Will Cunard provide a shuttle bus into city centres? (Akita, Kanazawa, Busan in S Korea and Shimizu)

I haven't been to these Japan ports with Cunard, but there are several regulars here on the Cunard Cruise Critic board who have, and hopefully they will be able to help.

In Busan Korea, there are two cruise terminals, as shown in the below google maps screen shot.

image.thumb.png.7f3acf41c7816a9c61625929a1f9a6b1.png

The Busan International Cruise Terminal, at the lower right of the map, is on the seaward side of the Busan Harbor Bridge.  Ships like QM2 cannot fit under the bridge and must use this terminal.  QE can fit under the bridge, and sometimes will use this seaward terminal and sometimes will use the Busan Port International Passenger Terminal, at the upper middle of the map, depending on availability. 

If using the lower right terminal, Cunard supplies shuttle buses into the city.  If I recall correctly, shuttles drop off near the Lotte department store, at the middle left of the map.  If using the upper middle terminal, you are already in the city and a shuttle is not needed.

Best wishes for your voyage!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Generally speaking, Cunard are very good with supplying shuttles at all the ports I've been to with them in other countries. I've made all the excursion reservations I need for my April-May Japan cruises but plan to use the shuttles in the ones at which I'll be doing self-directed wandering.

I suspect there may be more excursions added to the Japan cruises for the coming season. I'm taking slightly later cruises than you are but mine has many excursions for which descriptions are not even available but they are able to be booked which seems odd - a computer glitch perhaps?

I don't know if you've joined a roll call for your cruise but some of them have people on them who are actively recruiting for privately organised port excursions (even some who are openly travel agents) if you don't manage to book the ship's tours you prefer.