Holiday Inn Port Of Miami

htkodiak

Has anyone stayed at this hotel ? I just booked a two night stay before our Dec. 3 06' cruise on the Victory.It was the only place I cound find that would allow 5 to a room.The location also looks good.

We stayed at this hotel in January 2006 and we loved it. They Bayside Mall was across the street so there was lots to look at and places to eat. We could see the ships leave the port and that was nice. Also, when you exit the hotel and turn left, if you go 3 blocks (I think) and turn right, you will find lots of shopping on that street. I don't remember the name but they had a Walgreens and lots of stores for shopping. There was also a liquor store on this street not far from Walgreens that had decent prices. Have a great time.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel ? I just booked a two night stay before our Dec. 3 06' cruise on the Victory.It was the only place I cound find that would allow 5 to a room.The location also looks good.

I'll be there on the 1st of December with you. We booked a suite and there are 4 of us. It's in a great location. Should be nice.

Does anyone have a floorplan of the hotel, because I was wondering which floor the suites are in or if they are on every floor?

I booked this same one for the pre-post cruise accommodations, and I'm glad it comes with good recommendations =] How far is it from everything touristy? Walk-able to anything? Close to a car rental place?

I was either going to rent a car and hit south beach, or hire a cab.

We stayed there last year. It was good enough for 1 or 2 nights. The location is what is great because you are across the street from Bayside Market Place which everyone mentioned and about 5 minutes from the Port. There will be cabs outside in the morning waiting to take you to the Port. The pool area is small and it would be nice if they had a 24 hour convienance store which we needed, but besides that it was ok.

This year we are going to try out The Four Ambassador Suites since we are traveling with a large group and this hotel accomadates 6 people per room. Although, I don't know anyone who has stayed here, so when I get back, I will give you my feedback. The hotel does have 2 or 3 swimming pools, bar, Sushi Restaurant and Brazilian Steakhouse and supposedly is within walking distance to Bayside Market Place....we shall see.

We stayed there 5 days pre/post cruise in 03/06 loved the location.. just hope you don't have noisy neighbours because the walls are paper thin.. other than that..

Another fact.. if you are smokers.. they only have 2 floors 3 and 6 for smokers and you will not get a bayside view.. unless you complain some..

We stayed there a couple of weeks ago before our march 4, Triumph cruise, it is a great hotel, cant beat the location, the pool is not heated however, and was a bit chilly . They have a great breakfast buffet that is well priced.

Try taking the bus to south beach , we did. The bus stop is right across the street and only cost 4.50 each way for a family of 4. It is only a short walk to the beach from the busstop , 5 minutes at most.

We stayed there last month 1 night post cruise and it was fine. Breakfast buffet was very good the next morning. Bayside Marketplace is right across the street. That is the only thing really close though. If you don't want to eat there you probably will need to take a taxi. We asked the front desk about other restaurants and they said we'd have to walk about 10 blocks. Not sure of the neighborhoods we'd have to walk thru, so we said no thanks and just ate across the street for lunch and dinner.

• 1 month later...
We stayed there a couple of weeks ago before our march 4, Triumph cruise, it is a great hotel, cant beat the location, the pool is not heated however, and was a bit chilly . They have a great breakfast buffet that is well priced.

Try taking the bus to south beach , we did. The bus stop is right across the street and only cost 4.50 each way for a family of 4. It is only a short walk to the beach from the busstop , 5 minutes at most.

where did you get the bus to the beach and what was the cost per person? Also what beach?

Archived