A Splash of Orange in MDR

Bxianesq

We are boarding a 28 day Asia cruise soon.  Our dressy/smart casual nights are posted in our itinerary, but there is also an evening where "A Splash of Orange" is listed for the type of dress.  Any idea of what this is? 

2 hours ago, Bxianesq said:

We are boarding a 28 day Asia cruise soon.  Our dressy/smart casual nights are posted in our itinerary, but there is also an evening where "A Splash of Orange" is listed for the type of dress.  Any idea of what this is? 

All HAL ships have an "Orange night", where many where orange, but nothing is required.

Orange Night is honoring the Dutch heritage of the cruise line - the House of Orange. Just a fun theme,  but nothing mandatory.  Something simple or something in full orange bloom, your call. Or nothing, but it is a nice ice breaker to see how others sport this color. 

There used to be pirate nights, black and white nights, and other themes on cruise/passenger ships in the past, where passengers even packed costumes in order to participate. Now just a passing sea going tradition, like "formal" nights. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the responses.  I am aware of the Orange Party-we have attended it in the past.  However, my question has to do with the Main Dining Room.  Instead of saying "Smart Casual" for type of dress in the Main Dining Room, the dress code listed for one specific day of the cruise is listed as "A Splash of Orange."  I wondered if there was a special menu or other distinguishing feature in the MDR that night. 

I just attended the “Splash of Orange” dinner in the MDR on the Rotterdam tonight. The Lido menu boasted a Dutch themed dinner but I didn’t think the MDR menu was particularly Dutch. There was, however, an admirable effort by many diners to sport at least one article of orange clothing 😊

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Infi said:

A Dutch night menu in the MDR was paired with Orange Party evening on my last cruise. It was a nice touch. 

Sounds good. When I was first cruising, HAL did a Dutch menu one night. Delicious!

Which ship were you on?

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder