Will Marina become less desirable?

MV21

21 minutes ago, DoulaAnn said:

On Vista, there was an area in Polo, I think, that was private and could accommodate a group of 8 (maybe 10, I forget). Don't know if there was any upcharge for it or not. Just saw groups using it.

There's an upcharge for it unless they have changed their policy.  It was $300 for the room which isn't as private as Privee and the menu is the Polo menu.  Toscana also has a room like the one you see in Polo.  If you want a special menu, this was what they offered last fall.

Polo & Toscana Food and Wine Pairing menus.pdf

On 3/4/2024 at 10:41 AM, Vineyard View said:

That is sad. Maybe with enough time, people will be able to identify the locations on the ship where the soundproofing is not adequate. It seems to be a predominant issue. However, it appears that there are areas where this does not occur. It would be a great benefit to know where not to book for those who are sound sensitive. I am one of those people. It all Truly makes no sense that a build would have different insulation in different areas, but I have zero knowledge on what comprises the building of a ship. There is no point in arguing if it is happening, because clearly there are areas where it is. The fact that the crew is receiving high volumes of complaints makes it difficult to dismiss. I am sorry you had such a disruptive sleep situation on your trip. That would be extremely frustrating to have to put up with. 

Disclaimer: We have zero knowledge of ship construction - None.

However, based on our 16 nights on Vista In November, we think that it is likely a sound insulation issue that likely exists in many/most Verandas and Concierge as they appear to be the same size and maybe same exact wall construction. Perhaps PH as well? Don't have any idea.

We think that the variable that explains why some report the issue and some don't is the guests in the next room on the TV side. If they have the TV on even at reasonable levels, the sound comes through. In our case our neighbors always had their TV on when in their room. Kept wondering for 16 days why we did not get neighbors who like to read instead of watch TV 😒.

It's the luck of the draw.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

There's an upcharge for it unless they have changed their policy.  It was $300 for the room which isn't as private as Privee and the menu is the Polo menu.  Toscana also has a room like the one you see in Polo.  If you want a special menu, this was what they offered last fall.

Polo & Toscana Food and Wine Pairing menus.pdf 61.84 kB · 3 downloads

Wow. That seems like a lot for such a small room. I didn't think it was a wine pairing dinner that i saw, but maybe it was.

Just now, DoulaAnn said:

Wow. That seems like a lot for such a small room. I didn't think it was a wine pairing dinner that i saw, but maybe it was.

It could be that someone paid 300 to use the room but just had the Polo menu

• Like 1