Aloha Tower Luau

capecodollie

3 hours ago, capecodollie said:

Has anyone been to the Aloha Towers Luau, which I believe is about a ten minute drive from Waikiki?  Would also appreciate any other Luau recommendations in the Waikiki area.

The Ka Moana Luau at the Aloha Towers is “okay”.  They do a few cultural activities like weaving Palm frond headbands, “lei” wristbands and som traditional instruments, but I thought the meal was mediocre. They do not have an Imu Ceremony. The space is crowded with tables, so you may or may not be able to see the dancing well.  While the property is oceanfront, the stage blocks the view of the beach. The entertainment is typical: fire dancing, hula, etc.  The best part of the show last year was watching a girl of about 8 do the fire dance.  If it rains, be prepared to get wet (even though they hand out rain ponchos).  I really can’t give any recommendations for a luau in the Waikiki area.  The one at the Hale Koa is well-rated; however, it’s a US military recreational facility and need either US Armed Forces or DOD credentials to attend. The best luau I’ve attended on Oahu was at the Polynesian Cultural Center, but you really need to plan to spend most of the day there to get the full effect.

In Waikiki is the Starlight Luau at Hilton Hawaiian Village and it is fine, so is the Luau at the International Market Place. My current favorite of the commercial luaus is Experience Nutridge, a short car/Uber ride from Waikiki.