Quimper from Brest

saltshell

We will be in Brest April 17/24 on HAL Nieuw Statendam and this is what I've found so far for the time we have in port.

Quimper was our intention using the train.  Looking at the time in Brest port - 11am until 8pm (having to be back onboard by 7pm), we estimated that taking the first available train at 12:37 which takes 1hr20min and leaving Quimper at 5pm in order to get back for onboard call, we'd have 3 hours in Quimper.  Quimper is small but I wonder if this would be a worthwhile spend of our time.

23 hours ago, helmslady said:

Quimper is small but I wonder if this would be a worthwhile spend of our time.

Suggesting you also look at Roscoff as an alternative option. Tourist  Info should be easily found online and if the transport works better with your port times it could be worth considering.   TBH, that entire area is worth visiting, just not all of it on a single port day!

Edited by edinburgher

13 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

Suggesting you also look at Roscoff as an alternative option. Tourist  Info should be easily found online and if the transport works better with your port times it could be worth considering.   TBH, that entire area is worth visiting, just not all of it on a single port day!

Thank you edinburgher for your suggestion.  We will check out Roscoff info online right now. 🙂

• Like 1