Splendor Penthouse C vs. Penthouse B

I have done a search and have not found anything. We are currently in a Penthouse C cabin for two cruises in 2025. I notice that the Penthouse B cabin seems to have a much larger balcony. Has anybody stayed in both categories or have an opinion on these two cabins? They are both warm weather cruises and we do spend time on the balcony.  The extra cost is not that much in relation to what we are spending for the cruise. Any input would really be appreciated. Thank you.

Penthouse B does indeed have a much larger balcony than Penthouse C. We have stayed in a Penthouse C on Splendor. The smaller balcony didn’t bother us much as our cruise was a Norway/Baltic cruise and the weather was fairly cool. From the door to the railing Penthouse B is the same as a Concierge which is quite spacious. 

13 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

I have done a search and have not found anything. We are currently in a Penthouse C cabin for two cruises in 2025. I notice that the Penthouse B cabin seems to have a much larger balcony. Has anybody stayed in both categories or have an opinion on these two cabins? They are both warm weather cruises and we do spend time on the balcony.  The extra cost is not that much in relation to what we are spending for the cruise. Any input would really be appreciated. Thank you.

Be careful.  Some of the penthouse B’s also have a shallow balcony. You can see this on the deck plan. 

My favorite on splendor is PHB 1014 and 17 as the balcony on deck 10 stays deep on all the rooms whereas explorer and I think grandeur do not and have two spots where it extends and shallower in the middle.  This is not reflected on the splendor deck plan.

splendor.jpg

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

My favorite on splendor is PHB 1014 and 17 as the balcony on deck 10 stays deep on all the rooms whereas explorer and I think grandeur do not and have two spots where it extends and shallower in the middle.  This is not reflected on the splendor deck plan.

splendor.jpg

Good insight. Any issue with noise from pool deck above, when in 1014 or 1017?

• Like 1

Interesting. Two things would concern me about 1014 and 1017. Potential noise from the pool deck above and the fact that they are connecting suites with increased noise potential.

Dave

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Interesting. Two things would concern me about 1014 and 1017. Potential noise from the pool deck above and the fact that they are connecting suites with increased noise potential.

Dave

I little bit in the mornings around 7 when the staff was setting up the pool, but we were usually up (DW early riser.)  Not much impact on our cooler weather cruise, heard it more on the warm weather one.