Best intensive British Isles and Ireland??

KIm - I presume you've already spotted that Oceania has 3 or 4 British Isles cruises next year. I think at least one has Portland, Dorset as a port which may be of interest, noting your location. 

John

• Like 1

18 hours ago, khuselid said:

Opinions on best smaller cruiseline for port intensive England/Wales/Ireland??

I might have suggested Azamara but in coimmon with oher lines sailing British Isles itineraries, they have more of a focus on Scotland/England/Ireland than your preferred Wales/England/Ireland.

Generally speaking, Welsh ports don't feature as often on British Isles itineraries so your choice may be more limited.  One suggestion is that you check the official Port websites for the Welsh ports which are of interest to you, and look at their cruise calendars/schedules for the names of ships calling there  together with their dates. From that point you could look at the individual cruise lines for full itineraries.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, edinburgher said:

I might have suggested Azamara but in coimmon with oher lines sailing British Isles itineraries, they have more of a focus on Scotland/England/Ireland than your preferred Wales/England/Ireland.

Generally speaking, Welsh ports don't feature as often on British Isles itineraries so your choice may be more limited.  One suggestion is that you check the official Port websites for the Welsh ports which are of interest to you, and look at their cruise calendars/schedules for the names of ships calling there  together with their dates. From that point you could look at the individual cruise lines for full itineraries.

We would love to see Scotland as well!  

You can do Scotland-intensive cruises (sometimes with an Irish port as well) with Hebridean. It’s probably a very different experience to what you’re used to - ships are max 50 passengers, very pricy - but it’s famously been the Royal Family’s ship of choice for their personal family holidays! 

There is a CC forum for it, if you wanted to look into it further

11 hours ago, khuselid said:
23 hours ago, edinburgher said:

We would love to see Scotland as well!  

in that case you could check Azamara itineraries.

I thought that perhaps you didn't want any Scottish ports if you had already done, or were planning, a road trip to Scotland.

• Like 1

If you are looking for this summer, Royal Caribbean has some listed or if summer of 2025 Celebrity has some. Celebrity would be more in line (somewhat) with Oceania 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 8:41 PM, khuselid said:

Opinions on best smaller cruiseline

6 hours ago, WomanRN said:

Royal Caribbean has some listed

Azamara was suggested as being "a smaller cruiseline with smaller ships", some of which are the same size as some of Oceania's.  They are ex-R8's.

• Like 1