We will be doing a cruise that stops in Faroe Islands and Orkney Islands.  From what I understand, it is common to have these ports cancelled at the last minute due to bad weather.

If I have paid for a private excursion in these ports, but the port is cancelled at the last minute, will my travel insurance reimburse me?  I have Allianz AllTrips Pemier Plan.

Thanks for your help.

We can’t speak to your specific plan – however, some cruise travel insurance policies include pre-paid excursion reimbursement.  So, if you added your pre-paid, non-refundable excursions to your trip cost when purchasing your travel insurance plan and the cruise line changes your itinerary after your departure, this coverage may provide a one-time reimbursement, up to the limit on your confirmation, for pre-paid, non-refundable activity expenses that you have lost. This coverage is available in most states.  It’s important to read through your insurance policy and understand what is and is not covered.  InsureMyTrip’s customer care center can walk you through the details of a policy before you purchase it. Since you have already purchased a policy – contact the provider to see what is covered if this happens.