Why are there so many POC posts on the board?

MamaParrotHead

Tendering in Caymans

Dock or tender in Cozumel

Nassau Help

Grand Cayman turtle farm $

Montego help

Shopping in Costa Maya and Belize ??

Nassau--Senor Frog's

Tendering in Grand Cayman

I know I'm being picky, but it's bugging me. I'm not saying it's all up to the hosts, I think people know better and are being lazy and/or too impatient to wait for a reply on the appropriate boards.

Tendering in Caymans

Nassau Help

Montego help

Nassau--Senor Frog's

I know I'm being picky, but it's bugging me. I'm not saying it's all up to the hosts, I think people know better and are being lazy.

It's been that way since I started on these boards. You are always going to have lazy people, people that don't read or really don't care what kind of load they put on the hosts... always, it happens. The hosts will move what they can, but they are also volunteers and don't always have the time... but they generally get around to moving the threads. You will always see roll calls, POC threads, weight loss threads, and things that don't belong... it happens. The best you can do is try to educate people on where they might get better information and where their post might be better suited, in a nice way ;) Then again, THIS post is one of those posts, that should probably be directed to Laura or the hosts, and should probably go bye-bye too ;) We're not all perfect, all the time :D

It could be because the POC boards are so slow. I posted a question over two weeks a go I think, and haven't received a single response. I have thought about posting them here, where more people would see them.

Shawn

It could be because the POC boards are so slow. I posted a question over two weeks a go I think, and haven't received a single response. I have thought about posting them here, where more people would see them.

Shawn

The POC boards wouldn't be so slow if people would post their questions in the proper places in the first place ;) If you post it here, it just gives the hosts more work to do when they have to move it, so why would you want to do that?? :confused: Not every question everyone has is going to get answered... some people might actually have to *gasp* do some additional research outside of Cruise Critic, again *gasp* :eek: But just keep asking the question, you never know when someone will see it. If it is for a less traveled port, you may not see it. But, what you can do is look for people that have cruised an itinerary with that port, and ask them questions if you see their review or see them posting, that has worked for me, and doesn't cause anyone any additional work...

Or maybe they are just not informed, like I wasn't. Thanks for the info.

There is a whole other world outside the Carnival boards... I think sometimes people don't realize that... just go to the main message board page, you will see all the various forums... there really is alot of great info on these boards, and not just in this forum!!! :)

Probably one of the reasons the Ports of Call boards are so slow is because no one is posting in the right areas. :confused:

Don't get me started...

Sometimes Mr. Dood has to be Rood...;) not really intentionally, but this site has SO much more potential if it would get used correctly.

...and regardless of whether you are on Carnival or not, the posts should be put in the correct forum - if that were so, there would be plenty of people from Carnival answering the questions.

...and the SEARCH function - I swear, people are so lazy, if they would just read they guidelines before they started posting everywhere like dogs marking their territory... at least 95% of all new questions are already contained within the boards.

ahhhhhhhhhh- now I need a cocktail.

Don't get me started...

...and the SEARCH function - I swear, people are so lazy, if they would just read they guidelines before they started posting everywhere like dogs marking their territory... at least 95% of all new questions are already contained within the boards.

ahhhhhhhhhh- now I need a cocktail.

I agree but what's wrong with a question being asked more then once. Most of the time when a question has been answered, that tread is 3+ pages long and most of it is useless. So rather then digging throw 50 pages of nothing, most people just start a new post. Besides, as you said, just about every posted has been talked about. So should we just stop posting and just read the old? Where's the fun in that. If a post is started that I don't have any interest in, I just skip over it. That's easy to do, don't you think?

Would that make you the Rood Dood?

I am totally LMAO!!!! I love that, can I edit my name to be RoodDood???

Funny thing is, people tell me I am a really nice guy, sometimes I try not to be, sometimes my humor just does not come across the web very good even with smilies.

But, I have even gotten in trouble with my e-mail internally, or e-bombs as they are called, when I blast someone. Sometimes that is what is needed...

...and people should not be so thin skinned...;)

and George - I AGREE! It would be fun to have more meaningful posts and discussions - lots of different angles to discuss, but I just can't take many more of the "what should I wear" and "how to smuggle buckhorn beer"

You better not peek into our roll call...there's a discussion about whether or not to bring a TRAVEL IRON!!! Then it went on to BLOW DRYERS!! YIKES!! (I can see the Rood Dood cringing now) :eek:

c'mon, tell me where it is....;)

I "lurked" on these boards for about 3 years before I ever posted. By the time I posted I was familiar with the ports of call, photo gallery, roll calls, ask a question, hotels, gay cruises, singles cruises, disabled cruises, etc. Most people find these boards, get excited, and post!

Even though I did my research beforehand, sometimes, I want an answer! If I am directed to another forum, fine! Let's just encourage each other.

Speaking from experience, if I am flamed, ignored, or helped, this is still my favorite board, I just keep posting, in hopes of an empathic ear.

Hopefully, everyone is here to help make someone have the best vacation ever or to gain information to help make their own the best vacation ever! I will always rely on CC and will help everyone else I can embrace the same belief.

The hosts do there best to move them, but most of them also work day jobs, so sometimes it doesn't happen as quickly...

We really aren't sure what Host Randy does besides cruises.... :D

There really are some great people that hang out on the Ports of Call pages like Sally & Tom on the COZUMEL board. You can get some very good info on excursions and other ports of call info. Please check them out! I help moderate: Key West, Belize, New Orleans, & Cozumel. The Cozumel board is just about as busy as many of the cruise specific boards; and busier than some too!

and George - I AGREE! It would be fun to have more meaningful posts and discussions - lots of different angles to discuss, but I just can't take many more of the "what should I wear" and "how to smuggle buckhorn beer"

Don't forget the Doc Dance and only 1000 days until my next cruise. :D

I don't think it's a matter of being lazy. I think it's a matter of the number of responses you get from this board compared to the excursion board. It seems like alot more people look at this board and respond in comparison to the excursion board.

I did not realize I should not post a particular question here and of course, if was moved. I really want to ask another excursion question so more people will see it :D but I'll be good.

Tendering in Caymans

Nassau Help

Montego help

Nassau--Senor Frog's

I know I'm being picky, but it's bugging me. I'm not saying it's all up to the hosts, I think people know better and are being lazy and/or too impatient to wait for a reply on the appropriate boards.

You mean kinda like this?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=315779

I honestly don't mean to sound mean, but you also have doen the same thing. I've seen a few of your posts moved as well to the correct locations. I'm sure I've done the same thing too. Sure, it would be ideal (for hosts especially) if everyone knew exactly where to post, but it really doesn't bug me or even bother me at all. I don't think everyone is lazy or impatient when this happens. I think sometimes certain questions just "fit" in more than one place, so people just aren't sure where to post it.

Again, not trying to be snotty or rude, but it kinda irked me to see you bugged about people posting about "Shopping in Costa Maya and Belize" and then post yourself about shopping in Western Ports. :) I hope you have fun on your upcoming cruise!

Archived