FLIGHTS BY CELEBRITY

read2learn

Has anyone had experience with using this feature of Celebrity?I have tried their website but when I get to complete booking it says there was a problem to try again. The prices shown are not the same as the ones quoted from the agents when I call. My reasson for using them was the feature of paying a smaller cancellation fee if that was to occur. I am so frustrared with them! 

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

Has anyone had experience with using this feature of Celebrity?I have tried their website but when I get to complete booking it says there was a problem to try again. The prices shown are not the same as the ones quoted from the agents when I call. My reasson for using them was the feature of paying a smaller cancellation fee if that was to occur. I am so frustrared with them! 

We’ve used them a few times but always phone Celebrity to arrange. We use them as they are cheaper than booking direct with the airline and also we don’t have to pay until Cruise final payment date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

Yes, we've used them twice.

We ve used them for all cruises, but prefer to call for the simple fact, FBC will not recognize our airport code.    If there is an issue with a flight, they will get you there to catch up with ship

• Like 1

We have used them at least 10 times.  I always call to complete a booking.  Our biggest issue is they won't let you use airline miles or vouchers to pay for flight.   Due to a light out in an airplane bathroom we missed a connecting flight and ultimately missed the ship with the first 2 days at sea.  FBC made all arrangements and paid for us us to stay in a resort on Grand Cayman until our ship arrived.

• Like 1

For those of you that have used Celebrity flights - what is the procedure for checking in for the flight 24 hrs in advance?

Will you get an alert to check in, or do you have to go to the Airline site and check in from there?

FBC can be hit or miss.  You have to stay with the exact same category, along with insuring your cruise and flights too.  I do not really like that, as it makes insurance so much more expensive too.  Personally, not too bad for short flights, but sometimes it works out well.  Doing TA’s always is a little tricky to do what I want, but has worked out a few times, as I like biz and just regular for home to FLL or vice versa.  They claim to be cheaper, but again, not always the case.  My tickets for Hawaii worked out quite well doing first class!

Edited by Lastdance

3 hours ago, theopup said:

Will you get an alert to check in, or do you have to go to the Airline site and check in from there?

You have to check in with the operating airline according to their rules.

• Like 1