Bringing alcohol on board - please submit cheap drink recipes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This may not appeal to everyone.... but my friend and I brought wine in the juice boxes (not the huge box wine, but they're smaller... about 3 glasses worth. It's pretty much everywhere. The wine isn't the greatest, but, hey, you're mixing it! So you can't tell!) and Diet Sprite. We would make wine spritzers by the pool all day long. Yum!! :D

Btw, we had no problem bring these items, a bottle of vodka and two bottles of wine each. They were all packed in our luggage in the original bottles.

I know this sounds like it doesn't taste good but it does....

Vodka and iced tea with lots of lemon.

I learned about it from an alcoholic :eek:

That is an actual drink. It's called an Ice Pick. My friend from Rochester, NY. introduced us to them about 10 years ago. Very good and refreshing!

We spend a lot on the ship with the "girlie" drinks. But we've always brought Vodka in a 1 Litre water bottle and Rye in a plastic green Ginger Ale bottle. We have had a couple of stickers saying your suitcases have been searched and the bottles are always still there.

In port my DH buys Rum or Rye and a bottle of ginger ale, goes to a washroom, empties the gingerale and pours the alcohol in the empty plastic bottle.

Once we just bought a bottle of specialty rum in St. Maarten and they yelled illegal alcohol, go to that desk. So we walked over, there was a line of a couple of couples, the guy wasn't looking at us any longer so we walked over to the elevators and up we went with our bottle!:D

Sneaky.

• 3 months later...
That is an actual drink. It's called an Ice Pick. My friend from Rochester, NY. introduced us to them about 10 years ago. Very good and refreshing!

Thanks for the name...Do bartenders know the drink by name? Normally I order an ice tea and add vodka from my cute little flask :p while on board.

In port my DH buys Rum or Rye and a bottle of ginger ale, goes to a washroom, empties the gingerale and pours the alcohol in the empty plastic bottle.

Sneaky.

Instead of having to buy ginger ale and wasting it try using rumrunner flasks. I use rumrunner flasks and they conceal very well...I roll a towel or t shirt around it put in in my beach bag and have never had trouble getting anything on board. Rumrunner flasks come in a few sizes and are easy to find by doing a web search.

I just ordered my rumrunner flasks last week. I received 2 confirmations of my order immediately and then 2 emails letting me know they were being shipped just a couple of hours later. What service! I can't wait! Our cruise is coming quick!

Anyone ever order wine to be delivered to the ship? We did it a couple years ago out of Miami but I can not think of the name of the lady we ordered it from. You can have wine or beer sent to your cabin as a gift.

We brought wine aboard the Carnival Conquest no problem. They said we could on our cruise docs, and there was no corkage fee unless we brought it to the dining room. In Jamaica, we brought 3 btls of Jamaican Rum Cream ( OMG Delish!) onboard no prob. Same in Cozumel with Tequila. But in Coz, we too got sent to the liquour check-in desk, but it was so busy, we just kept walking ;)

In San Juan boarding the Carnival Destiny, me and my sailing mate both brought onboard 6-7 bottles each of 1 L bottles from the shop in the upstairs pier terminal (like everyone else). What is the deal with that anyway? Does anyone know the scoop on that? I was surprised to see a liquor shop located right where you go through xray and get on the ship.

From my experience they only charge a corkage fee if you take your wine to the dining room.... if even then. They don't charge a corkage fee if you have wine in your room. There's a policy on how much wine you're allowed to bring on board. (1 bottle per person) That's the one I'm more concerned about... :(

If anyone knows of a place in Miami that will deliver the wine or beer as a gift to you or you send it to yourself for a gift then I am not sure of a limit we had a case {12} sent to us about 2 years ago but I can not remember the name of the place we sent it from.

Has anyone been CAUGHT with a box of wine in their checked baggage? What was the corkage fee?

How about rumrunners? Has anyone actually been caught with them in their bags?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=705941

As for our favorite recipe, we will be bringing pre-mixed Captain's Treasures (recipe is per serving ;) ):

1 oz peach schnapps

1 oz. absolut mandrin

6 oz cranberry juice

Cheers!

Archived