Limited Luminae Menu Options

Ken52891

We recently sailed on the Ascent and only ate one lunch and one dinner in Luminae and several breakfasts.  We much preferred the menu in Blu as well as some days in MDR.  I would never book a suite solely for the dining.  We did enjoy the Retreat deck and lounge, but were disappointed in Luminae.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ken52891 said:

We are sailing on our first Celebrity Cruise in a few weeks, and we're sailing in the Retreat, so we get access to Luminae. I've heard amazing things about it, but when I look at the menus on the App, I see very limited options (especially at lunch) for appetizers. And none of them sound good or something the people I'm sailing with and I would be interested in (The app says borscht soup, Prawn Ceviche, and Kale Salad for embarkation day lunch). We've sailed in Haven on NCL many times and love eating in the suite restaurant on embarkation day to get a lay of the land and meet the servers we interact with during the week. It's also a nice pace compared to the buffet on embarkation day. However, I'm afraid we will not be able to do that. Does Celebrity have classic options that I can order from that are not on the menu, or is the app 100% accurate, and that's all we have for options? 

Since this will be your first Celebrity cruise, here are a few photos of the Luminae offerings [photo album], so you have an idea what to expect. Please be aware that, based on my experience, there is usually a small variation on the dish preparation and presentation depending on which ship you are sailing.

Happy sailing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, tjunmin said:

Since this will be your first Celebrity cruise, here are a few photos of the Luminae offerings [photo album], so you have an idea what to expect. Please be aware that, based on my experience, there is usually a small variation on the dish preparation and presentation depending on which ship you are sailing.

Happy sailing!

Nice photos, thanks…they all look worthy of a try.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tjunmin said:

Since this will be your first Celebrity cruise, here are a few photos of the Luminae offerings [photo album], so you have an idea what to expect.

Yes, really great photos.  How long ago were these taken?  Some of these entree are not listed on the Luminae menu these days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Winemaker_1 said:

Yes, really great photos.  How long ago were these taken?  Some of these entree are not listed on the Luminae menu these days.

Thanks. These photos were taken last month. The chicken adobo was a special request, and the Biko was a special dessert the chef prepared for us; the chocolate mousse was from the MDR menu; everything else was from the Luminae menu.