World Club "free" meal question

3rdGenCunarder

Cunard just send me an email reminding me of my WC perks. One is the complimentary meal at the pop-up or lunch at Verandah. I forgot about that and have already booked a Verandah lunch for my July cruise. They're only offering it on the first two sea days, so I didn't want to miss it. When I booked this, there was no way to say that it would be my WC "freebie" (I use quotes because it isn't free--I've paid for it little by little over many cruises 😉). So when I'm onboard, can I ask to have the cost credited to my account or back to my credit card? HAL will do this for Mariner discounts, but I don't remember if Cunard will.  

Yes, this should be fine, and I think it's supposed to happen automatically anyway. But at worst it will be a debit and a credit on your account, just keep an eye on it, and mention it at the time, your black card will mean the staff will know anyway. Be warned - if you ask for anything other than standard coffee at the end of the meal, that may end up as a charge on the bill!

Edited by Pushpit
  • Like 1

Thanks. I had promo meals and my WC meals on my last cruise. I went to the purser's desk to make my bookings, but I'm still not sure if I got everything I was supposed to. I think I was supposed to have two verandah lunches but I forgot to book the second one. Sometimes all those promo bits and pieces are hard to keep track of! 

4 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

They're only offering it on the first two sea days, 

Hi Kathy,

The sailing we were on with you last September we got several freebies from Cunard and had no dates on our slips we received in the room on arrival.

The Lunch we made reservations for on the My Cunard on board could be used anytime on board the sailing. When we arrived at the restaurant the Maitre D' we knew from the previous let us keep the card and we used it for another freebies lunch on Cunard.

We also got a card on board for the freebies Champagne High Tea which was held several times during the trip. We only used it once.

But don't think you will have a problem.

Ed