Viking Paris to the Swiss Alps

potchak

Does anyone know what hotel we will be staying at in Paris? We are trying to figure out if we should do Versailles on our own or do the Viking tour. The viking tour is $199 pp and we can definitely do it cheaper and have a lot more time to explore the grounds if we do it on our own. Appreciate the assist. I noticed the excursions were open today (so much for that email notification), so want to get a jump on them. 

• Like 1

I just took a look at the tickets, which are priced around $23 per person for a general entry ticket, $75 for priority entry and 90-minute guided tour, and $85 for a combo ticket with another attraction.  Does Viking's tour give you anything above that, like exclusive entry?  If not, I'd do it on your own.  We've been twice, and I don't remember any difficulty taking the train from Paris to Versailles.  There was a nice, short walk through town to the palace.

• 5 weeks later...

We would like to do a Seine Boat tour. We will be on the Panoramic Paris excursion in the morning. Do I book my tour online soon? And is it easy to get to the boats from our hotel, the Pullman Montpasse? We're from a very small town, so we are not familiar with using public transportation.

7 hours ago, Dulcigal said:

We would like to do a Seine Boat tour. We will be on the Panoramic Paris excursion in the morning. Do I book my tour online soon? And is it easy to get to the boats from our hotel, the Pullman Montpasse? We're from a very small town, so we are not familiar with using public transportation.

There's always Uber.  Don't need to navigate anything but the app.  Check out the Batobus. It's hop on hop off on the river.