Question about an expedition cruise (Antarctica)

longterm

Viking lists a 48-day cruise (called NEW! Antarctica, Chile & the Americas") that goes from Buenos Aires to Antarctica, then north up the west coast of South America, through the Panama Canal, and terminating in Fort Lauderdale. It would tick 2 boxes for us--Antarctica and the Panama Canal.

It's listed only in February 2025, but not in 2026; based on any experience with listings like this from past cruises, here's my question:

Is it likely that a 2026 date will be added, or does this indicate that they're not going to do this route anymore?

I hesitate to call Viking because the person on the other end will probably know no more than I do from looking at the website.

We want to do this cruise, but not next year; we're looking for a 2026 sailing...

Edited by longterm

21 minutes ago, Kountess said:

It won't help you for 2026, but we are doing the reverse itinerary starting in Fort Lauderdale in October 2025.

That's the route we would prefer, but in mid-2025 we're doing a long trip in Africa to see the gorillas...

Two thoughts

Checkout the combined schedule put together by one of our members.  Follow the links in the OP's signature to download the spreadsheet. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2651194-viking-ocean-combined-cruise-schedule/?do=getNewComment

Check to see if your cruise is a segment of Expedition's Longitudinal World Cruise. If they are doing the LWC in 2026, they may be holding off on selling the segments while they see how many whole cruise cabins they can fill.

• Like 2