B2B & changing room--how is that handled?

KKB

On Celebrity & Princess I left things on hangers tossed the rest in my luggage & they moved it.

MSC required me to repack everything.

How does Carnival handle this?

Make sure to put luggage tags on your bags.  You have to pack up.
When we got to our cabin, someone's luggage was in in it. 
It took them awhile to figure out what was going on.  So those people's luggage sat in the hallway for a long time because I had the steward remove it.  We had the red jacket guy come and try to figure out what was going on.  We had to stay until they brought us our cabin cards. 
But we boarded early, so whoever it was was on a back 2 back but no luggage tags and whoever takes your luggage when you change cabins, put it the cabin on the wrong deck. 

• Thanks 1

When we were on a back to back, we let our room steward know were were moving rooms, we packed the suitcases, left them in the room, and they moved them, if staying in the same room, just let the steward know also, that is how we done it on the Magic.

• Thanks 1

We let the steward know but then ended up moving our stuff ourselves just so nothing would get missed/lost/misplaced.  Suggest bringing a couple of those reusable shopping bags that take up zero space to pack and use those to move your stuff instead of packing everything back into the suitcases - this made is so much easier.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kabux said:

We let the steward know but then ended up moving our stuff ourselves just so nothing would get missed/lost/misplaced.  Suggest bringing a couple of those reusable shopping bags that take up zero space to pack and use those to move your stuff instead of packing everything back into the suitcases - this made is so much easier.

How were you able to do this needing to be out of one room early & the other one not available until later?

(room the 2nd week is just a few doors down from my 1st week so likely the same steward. A nice tip & I think it could be pretty seamless)

10 minutes ago, KKB said:

How were you able to do this needing to be out of one room early & the other one not available until later?

Since its just down the hall, like you said, your current room steward will handle.  I always just pile everything in my suitcase and use any existing shopping bags to just jam everything together for moving.  He'll also move any open wine or liquor bottles, water, etc.  I let him handle it because you will need to leave the cabin to go get your new S&S card, go thru customs and come back, and then when you come back you just go to your new cabin.  You'll get a letter near the end of the cruise.  And just make sure your cruises are linked.

18 hours ago, MaryZ said:

Make sure to put luggage tags on your bags.  

Have never done that - just confirm with your room steward you are doing b2b and let him know your new cabin number and he will move.  I've never had any issues.

Hey @KKB you don't have to pack everything- your cabin steward will help by taking what's on hangers and any bags/suitcases you want them to. They'll also check the fridge and drawers to be sure you didn't miss anything. 

I like to pack the bathroom and whatever I've collected along the way myself and let them grab the big stuff. But they will be sure you get it all.

You don't have to put tags for your new cabin on luggage or bags, but I do just cuz it makes me feel better.

You'll get a letter in your cabin advising where & when you need to meet on Turnaround Day  - just be sure your stuff is ready to go by then and follow the instructions in the letter. And don't miss the meeting  - that's where you'll get your new card and do whatever is required for customs.

Lucky you - have fun!!

20230922_193800.thumb.jpg.b875d46bd8c62306fcc13e864344771e.jpg

• Thanks 1

We did our first B2B on the Panorama and changed rooms a couple of weeks ago. Our first room steward told us we had to pack everything in our suitcases but we were moving from a Havana aft balcony to Lido balcony mid ship. We left our room shortly after 8:30 when you are supposed to but felt we probably could have stayed until the steward came back to clean. We had breakfast and met in the showroom at 10, there were 24 passengers staying on board. We were given our new S&S cards and waited until after 11 for all the passengers to get off. They started naming names, it was the opposite of pier runners, lol! Some of the people sitting around us had done many B2Bs and said it never takes this long. Welcome to Long Beach! 😉

Once we were cleared it only took a few minutes to walk out over the gangway, go through customs just steps away and back over the gangway to board the ship. After a quick muster we were off to the lido, hubby got the first burger and I got the first tacos served for the cruise. We also got the first drinks from the Red Frog. As soon as we were done eating we went to our new cabin, it was ready and we were able to unpack. We learned it is much easier to stay in the same room but we are doing it again in May on the Celebration. I got a great deal on an Exel Aft Wrap for the second cruise so it will be worth the hassle of packing and unpacking. Enjoy your B2B, it was treat for us! 

Edited by LaRue1975

We've only switched rooms once but it was a 'full pack' with new luggage tags on for us. Suitcases were left on our sofa. Old room was completely empty (packed) just as if we were leaving the ship. We departed the cabin by 8:30 and did the B2B procedure described above. Got to our new room at 1:30 and unpacked. Our bags were all inside the room.