Speciality Dining Package total meals included

Sorry but I am very confused.  My reservation add-ons (for the Bliss in May) shows the following:

2 X FAS dining package upgrade - 2 meals

2 X 1 Meal Specialty Dining Package

For a cabin of 2 people does this mean 3 meals EACH or 3 meals TOTAL for the CABIN?

I've called NCL and received different answers.

Thank you

Specialty dining includes lunch and/or dinner? Trying to decide how many meals we may eat in specialty restaurants since we are on a port intensive cruise, but we may only do half day excursions.  Of course my BF would be happy eating cheeseburgers and drinking beer all week.

Edited by olemissreb

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If a specialty restaurant is open for lunch, you can use your package. It counts as a use. If you use 1 for lunch and 1 for dinner on the same day, that's 2 meals used.

Thank you!  I figured lunch and dinner were 2 uses, just wasn't sure if any of the specialty restaurants were open for lunch.  I've never been on a cruise with this many specialty restaurants to choose from, so still learning.

Actually, looks like you each get one meal free from your Free at Sea package and then you purchased the two meal upgrade (provided the upgrade appears under “purchased items” in your account).

6 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

Thank you!  I figured lunch and dinner were 2 uses, just wasn't sure if any of the specialty restaurants were open for lunch.  I've never been on a cruise with this many specialty restaurants to choose from, so still learning.

The dailies will tell you the hours for the specialty restaurants. NCL can sometimes vary lunch hours of operation depending on port days vs. sea days and can sometimes close or open specialty restaurants for lunch at random. 

For dinner, reservations are strongly recommended. For lunch, you can probably just show up.

31 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The dailies will tell you the hours for the specialty restaurants. NCL can sometimes vary lunch hours of operation depending on port days vs. sea days and can sometimes close or open specialty restaurants for lunch at random. 

For dinner, reservations are strongly recommended. For lunch, you can probably just show up.

I'm on the lookout for Viva dailies from the San Juan sailings - that will give me a good idea.  I've got some from Mid-December, but looking for newer ones to compare times.

1 hour ago, olemissreb said:

I'm on the lookout for Viva dailies from the San Juan sailings - that will give me a good idea.  I've got some from Mid-December, but looking for newer ones to compare times.

On Pr1ma (I Know, it's a different ship), no specialty restaurants were open for lunch on our Transatlantic. 

Just now, cruiseny4life said:

On Pr1ma (I Know, it's a different ship), no specialty restaurants were open for lunch on our Transatlantic. 

Same class though.  Thanks for that info.  Guess I'll be looking at adding maybe 2 more specialty dinners and then the rest in one of the MDRs.