On board internet questions

Sorry if these questions have been covered but I’ve tried searching and not found the answers 

We have booked another cruise and will need to buy internet for some of the days. On previous cruises one of us has bought a day pass about midday and we have alternated logging on until midday the next. Now that the new internet packages have been rolled out, is this still possible. 

Cruise personaliser gives an option for each of us to buy an internet package for 1,2,3 or 4 devices.
Does this mean that if only one of us buys a package for one device we can no longer “share” the package by using the same log in details alternately. If so, presumably to use an iPad and an iPhone would require a package for 2 devices, even if for the same person. 

There isn’t much difference in price between both of us buying a package for one device or only one buying a package for 2 devices (it’s slightly cheaper). 
Thanks for any information 

It’s still 24 hours from time of purchase and you don’t need to pay for more than one device. Different people can log on to the one device package using different devices, just using the same login info. You just can’t have more than one device  online at the same time, but you don’t have to disconnect. When the next person logs on they simply opt to boot you off so that they can connect. Dead easy. 

15 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

It’s still 24 hours from time of purchase and you don’t need to pay for more than one device. Different people can log on to the one device package using different devices, just using the same login info. You just can’t have more than one device  online at the same time, but you don’t have to disconnect. When the next person logs on they simply opt to boot you off so that they can connect. Dead easy. 

Thank you - so just the same as it used to be. We'll manage fine sharing one package between us. 

Thanks for coming back so soon. I’m really enjoying your blog by the way. Enjoy the rest of your cruise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scarlet ohara said:

Thank you - so just the same as it used to be. We'll manage fine sharing one package between us. 

Thanks for coming back so soon. I’m really enjoying your blog by the way. Enjoy the rest of your cruise

If you search on here you will find some posters have a method of both of you using your devices by using one as a hot spot.

I am not technical but it sounded simple, hope you can find the posts.

Edited by terrierjohn

Just now, doog442 said:

We are hot spotting as I type in the Caribbean. We both have android phones, I'm not sure if it works with iPhones.

I thought that I’d managed to do it once on Ventura (iPhone and iPad) but haven’t been able to work it out on Aurora. I’m just switching between devices, which requires a lot of clicks, but is quite easy. 

3 hours ago, doog442 said:

We are hot spotting as I type in the Caribbean. We both have android phones, I'm not sure if it works with iPhones.

We are doing it with 2 android phones and an iPad on Ventura.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We are doing it with 2 android phones and an iPad on Ventura.

I would love to know how to do this. I’ve read other threads about using routers etc and didn’t really understand them. We both have iPhones and I know how to use them as hotspots here but not sure how to do it onboard

On Android (Samsung) the "mobile hotspot" feature shares either the phone's mobile data or WiFi connection. So to use on the ship all you have to do is choose one of the phones to connect to ship's WiFi and enable the hotspot on that phone. On any other device you can then connect to that WiFi name. The second or third or more device can be a phone, and iPad, a Kindle a laptop - anything that will connect to WiFi.

I don't know about iPhones, whether their mobile hotspot facility will also share the WiFi connection, you will need to check (or try it).

It works just fine, did it on Britannia a couple of weeks ago.

• Thanks 1