Arvia - My Holiday App

Bagpuss

Hope I'm posting in the right place?! We haven't cruised for years and it looks like a lot has changed since we last did!  We are now looking at booking a cruise on the Arvia and have read that everything has to be booked either pre-holiday or once on board, using the My Holiday App.  Although one review said that everything was fully booked when they tried to book things on the App, which is slightly worrying.....  Anyway, my question is, if you don't take the wifi package, how can you use the App to book anything once on board?  Or use the 'virtual queue' for dinner if you don't have wifi? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find anything when I searched. Thanks.

Hi it is not an app just a glorified web page, we are one of the few that it worked on android and apple phones really well, on our last trip on Arvia we booked everything thing we wanted to do again we might have been lucky.

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Hope I'm posting in the right place?! We haven't cruised for years and it looks like a lot has changed since we last did!  We are now looking at booking a cruise on the Arvia and have read that everything has to be booked either pre-holiday or once on board, using the My Holiday App.  Although one review said that everything was fully booked when they tried to book things on the App, which is slightly worrying.....  Anyway, my question is, if you don't take the wifi package, how can you use the App to book anything once on board?  Or use the 'virtual queue' for dinner if you don't have wifi? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find anything when I searched. Thanks.

As Bazrat has said, it’s not an app just a web page and you don’t need to pay for the WiFi to use it. It’s accessible via the free Guest WiFi. 

You don’t need to buy Wi-Fi. You turn on airplane mode and log onto P&O guest Wi-Fi. Scan the QR code which you will find in your cabin and complete the required info and you’re done. There is a desk in the atrium where they will help if you can’t do it. Joining a virtual queue is easy and you have 10 mins to claim your reservation. 

59 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Hi it is not an app just a glorified web page, we are one of the few that it worked on android and apple phones really well, on our last trip on Arvia we booked everything thing we wanted to do again we might have been lucky.

Thank you very much 🙂 

30 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

As Bazrat has said, it’s not an app just a web page and you don’t need to pay for the WiFi to use it. It’s accessible via the free Guest WiFi. 

Thank you very much 🙂 

29 minutes ago, sandancer said:

You don’t need to buy Wi-Fi. You turn on airplane mode and log onto P&O guest Wi-Fi. Scan the QR code which you will find in your cabin and complete the required info and you’re done. There is a desk in the atrium where they will help if you can’t do it. Joining a virtual queue is easy and you have 10 mins to claim your reservation. 

Thank you very much.  Can I just check, does that mean you can't use it until you have got to your cabin and scanned the QR code?  So you can't pre-book anything before you get onboard?  Or do you not need it for anything before you get on board anyway?  Is it just for booking shows/dinner or can it be used for anything else?  Thank you.

There will be certain speciality restaurants and entertainment you can book before you get on the ship, notably the Limelight.  This normally opens up 2 weeks before you cruise via the P&O personaliser webpage.  Well worth being on at midnight to ensure you get what you want. Everything else will be first come first served on embarkation via the on-ship webpage (MyP&O), so make sure you are looking at this tootsuit after boarding.  It is normally cheaper to pre-book restaurants too, so worth doing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Thank you very much.  Can I just check, does that mean you can't use it until you have got to your cabin and scanned the QR code?  So you can't pre-book anything before you get onboard?  Or do you not need it for anything before you get on board anyway?  Is it just for booking shows/dinner or can it be used for anything else?  Thank you.

We're using it now on the Arvia and it's excellent. Setting up was slightly stressy but we were tired...that's our excuse. Once on board connect to the ships WiFi ...then scan the QR code on the card in your cabin....or access your browser and visit myholiday.pocruises.com

We booked lots of stuff in advance...on board however you can join virtual queues for restaurants, book trips, keep an eye on your spending etc.

Just now, Bagpuss said:

As has been said, you can book speciality restaurants and shows (if they are still doing that) 2 weeks before you go via your cruise Personaliser. 

When you have your boarding pass, make a note of the last 6 digits from the top right hand corner (under the bar code). These are the same numbers that you need from your keycard to activate the app. As soon as you get to the terminal you can log in and make any other bookings, even before you board the ship.  

33 minutes ago, BertieRulesOK said:

There will be certain speciality restaurants and entertainment you can book before you get on the ship, notably the Limelight.  This normally opens up 2 weeks before you cruise via the P&O personaliser webpage.  Well worth being on at midnight to ensure you get what you want. Everything else will be first come first served on embarkation via the on-ship webpage (MyP&O), so make sure you are looking at this tootsuit after boarding.  It is normally cheaper to pre-book restaurants too, so worth doing.

Thank you very much 🙂 

25 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

As has been said, you can book speciality restaurants and shows (if they are still doing that) 2 weeks before you go via your cruise Personaliser. 

When you have your boarding pass, make a note of the last 6 digits from the top right hand corner (under the bar code). These are the same numbers that you need from your keycard to activate the app. As soon as you get to the terminal you can log in and make any other bookings, even before you board the ship.  

Thank you very much 🙂 

27 minutes ago, doog442 said:

We're using it now on the Arvia and it's excellent. Setting up was slightly stressy but we were tired...that's our excuse. Once on board connect to the ships WiFi ...then scan the QR code on the card in your cabin....or access your browser and visit myholiday.pocruises.com

We booked lots of stuff in advance...on board however you can join virtual queues for restaurants, book trips, keep an eye on your spending etc.

Thank you very much 🙂