Hotels in Miami w/ free shuttles from airport?

Jenna1983

I am booked at Best Western South Miami-Feb 16th,17th,2007.

Going on Valor on the 18th.:)

Hotel has shuttle from Airport and also free shuttle to Cruiseport.:D

Mid-priced hotel-near Miami University.

Most hotels are already booked for my date.

Have a great trip!!!!:p

... but not free shuttles to the pier.

The Miami Airport to Pier is about a 25 minute drive... not something within most hotel's shuttle radius.

There are a 2-3 hotels that offer this service, but they typically get horrid reviews (which explains why they offer this service ;) ). Even many pre-cruisers who say "it's just for one nite" determine that they wouldn't do it again.

I booked a room at the Airport Regency Hotel, which supposedly has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruiseport. However, this hotel has gotten some pretty bad reviews so I'm reconsidering our reservation. It was about $100 per night, so it's pretty cheap compared to other hotels in the area (which might be why it's gotten some bad reviews!).

Has anyone else stayed at this hotel? How was the shuttle service? Were the rooms okay?

The baymont inn is fine. Has free shuttle / parking and a free full breakfast. The main beef about the hotels near the airport is that they are in a crappy neighborhood. The Baymont itself is fine. It had a lot of refurbishment due to Wilma. The rooms and entire hotel were very clean, new furniture etc in the rooms, friendlly staff. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

I'm completely clueless about Miami. Ask me about Orlando and Tampa and I have more of a clue LOL. Where would one recommend someone arriving to MIA @ 10PM stay the night before the cruise? Also, where would you recommend one stay the evening after the return to Miami? Or general areas that are OK?

We stayed at the Days Inn Airport last year with the "free port shuttle" after arriving late the night before our cruise. Some of our family got delayed and didnt arrive till after midnight. Our bunch waited about an hour for the shuttle and made it to the hotel. The second bunch that came in late called 3 times and never did find the shuttle. They ended up taking a cab.

Once we got to the hotel we were told that all the "early shuttles" were full and we could take the 1:30 shuttle to the port. I didint like that idea much and liked it even less when they told us we had to check out of the room at 11. (maybe it was 12 I want to be as fair as I can)

We ended up calling a van service and paying for a ride to the port. This year we are staying at the Hampton Dadeland which also offers free hotel pick up and transportation to the port. The hotel is getting some good reviews here and elsewhere. It's a bit out of the way and will be expensive if we have to hire a van again to the port....but we are arriving at 3:00pm the day before our cruise and don't want to be stuck in a ummm not so friendly area for a day.

This is a thread about shuttles so I wont go into my thoughts about the hotel. Be careful and not put all of your eggs in the shuttle basket. Be prepared to take another mode of transportation if the shuttle don't work out.

I think the Days Inn im talking about is booking for 259 dollars for the night we are coming in.

At the Days Inn that you stayed at, how far was the Port? (WillieBluffU) I think we have booked that Hotel as well. We are driving to the port from there but I'm wondering if thats the same hotel we have booked because we got a really good deal on the room ($72). Thanks...

The Days Inn we stayed at was real close to the airport. Days Inn Maimi International Airport. Unless it has improved in the last year I would NOT stay there again. There are several Days Inn in the area and cannot speak for all of them. In glancing at the reviews on tripadvisor I don't think it has improved much, but it is rated higher than the other Days Inn which scares me!

It seems like it took us about 10 to 15 minutes to get from the hotel to the port. I would think there has to be something better if you are driving!

I, too, am booked at the Baymont, but not until June. I can't speak for it personally, but have read good things about it. (Other than the fact it's not close to other things.) It does provide free shuttle service from the airport, and free shuttle service to the pier. Oh, and free breakfast!

By what I'm saving by flying in on Saturday instead of Sunday (not to mention the convenience and peace of mind), I can pay for the hotel. So, it's a wash in my book!

I didn't get as good of a rate as you, though. We got it for $91, but comparing it to other hotels for the same night, it was about 1/2, not even factoring in the transportation costs and breakfast.

• 3 months later...

Archived