Beer brands. I promise I searched!

Interestingly, I just reviewed Carnival's FAQ, and there is no indication of the 15 drink limit on the beverage policy.  It does make mention of it in the Cheers Program details...

Can anyone provide sourcing to where it is documented that it limited to 15 without Cheers?

ScreenShot2024-01-26at1_40_35PM.thumb.png.2528273a37a54ee30467ffd5ed327b7d.png 

1 hour ago, PayneAS said:

pretty sure the 15 (alcoholic) drink limit is whether you have the cheers package or not. They don't want you stupidly drunk whether you are buying it with or without the drink package.

Thats what I thought too

1 hour ago, StephPS79 said:

Interestingly, I just reviewed Carnival's FAQ, and there is no indication of the 15 drink limit on the beverage policy.  It does make mention of it in the Cheers Program details...

Can anyone provide sourcing to where it is documented that it limited to 15 without Cheers? 

Do you consider John Heald to be an official source? Because according to an article in TheStreet,com, he answered that specific question on his Facebook page. Here's a link to that article, which includes John's verbatim response that the limit does in fact apply to all passengers, whether on a Cheers package or not.

Carnival Cruise Line Explains Controversial Beverage Policy - TheStreet

54 minutes ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

Do you consider John Heald to be an official source? Because according to an article in TheStreet,com, he answered that specific question on his Facebook page. Here's a link to that article, which includes John's verbatim response that the limit does in fact apply to all passengers, whether on a Cheers package or not.

Carnival Cruise Line Explains Controversial Beverage Policy - TheStreet

I do like John Heald, but he has been known to not always be accurate.  I would prefer to see this in policy somewhere.

Edited to add:

The Cheers FAQ very clearly states:

• Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks, per 24-hour period (6:00am - 6:00am). Once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks 

So I do find it odd nothing about 15 drinks is listed under the Beverage Policy.

Edited by StephPS79

21 hours ago, TN Roz said:

I’m not sure about Magic, but they offer brewery tours on Celebration and Mardi Gras. By the way Butterbean 1000, did I meet you in Maryville TN at a mutual friends barbecue a couple of years ago?

Magic does not have a brewery onboard.

On 1/26/2024 at 1:03 PM, StephPS79 said:

I do like John Heald, but he has been known to not always be accurate.  I would prefer to see this in policy somewhere.

Edited to add:

The Cheers FAQ very clearly states:

• Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks, per 24-hour period (6:00am - 6:00am). Once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks 

So I do find it odd nothing about 15 drinks is listed under the Beverage Policy.

I also find it odd since I know i've read trip reports with people saying if you thought you were going to go over your 15 drinks on cheers then be sure to say you want to pay for you drink before you get to number 14. 

I also don't see how they can essentially limit someone to buying 15 drinks without cheers, because what if you're traveling with a group of friends and your buying rounds? Lets say you go with a group of 6 people and you buy 3 rounds, you're then over your 15 drink "limit" and they won't serve you anymore for the day even though you only had 3 drinks for yourself? That doesn't make much sense to me.