Upgrading drink package?

Booked with the signature drink pkg included.  Can I upgrade to the Elite pkg for the difference in price (of quoted drink pkgs) if not in the promotion?  The difference seems to be something like $55 and $60 pp per day between the Signature and Elite. I was told, I had to pay $17pp per day to upgrade, and I couldn't upgrade before boarding.  Is that the way it is, and if so how do they justify it?  

5 minutes ago, seaworthy1 said:

Booked with the signature drink pkg included.  Can I upgrade to the Elite pkg for the difference in price (of quoted drink pkgs) if not in the promotion?  The difference seems to be something like $55 and $60 pp per day between the Signature and Elite. I was told, I had to pay $17pp per day to upgrade, and I couldn't upgrade before boarding.  Is that the way it is, and if so how do they justify it?  

Who told you? Also when?

15 minutes ago, seaworthy1 said:

I was told, I had to pay $17pp per day to upgrade, and I couldn't upgrade before boarding.  Is that the way it is, and if so how do they justify it?  

Justification is that the pre-sailing prices are discounted. The on-board price was recently $10 (plus 18% or $11.80) different and that was the reported charge (per adult in the same cabin per day for entire cruise, upgraded before the SBP had been used even once). 

Do the math and remember, you're only paying the difference over $11, plus 18%, for any drink over the SBP limit. Sea day and port day. There is one other difference, and that is the Elite BP has unlimited non-alcoholic beverage and 15 alcoholic per day, and Signature BP is 15 of all beverages pppd. We start with lattes and drink our way through the day, and have never hit 15. In fact our favorite drink stewards were usually bringing us canned waters just before closing bc we were that far under the 15 limit!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Who told you? Also when?

I miss spoke, I was not "told", it was just what I understood from all that I tried to gather from  HAL's web site. Cruise Critic, and You Tube. I know, I know.

2 hours ago, seaworthy1 said:

I miss spoke, I was not "told", it was just what I understood from all that I tried to gather from  HAL's web site. Cruise Critic, and You Tube. I know, I know.

In most cases, you can upgrade for about $11.80 pp/day

It depends on what you paid to start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1