HIA early booking "low price guarantee"

bundtkate

Does anyone have experience using the low price guarantee you get with the HIA early booking bonus? I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out when the deadline to use it is. For convenient reference, here's the relevant bit from HAL's site (emphasis mine):

"If a guest books a HAL cruise with the Early Booking Bonus Offer (the “original booking”) and such guest finds a cheaper price for an identical booking within the duration of the Early Booking Bonus Offer (the “Comparison Fare”), the difference may be compensated in the form of an onboard credit, stateroom upgrade or other method."

Does "within the duration" of the bonus mean so long as the cruise is still being sold with the early booking offer included? Right now, our cruise is about $200 cheaper than when we booked, but you can no longer get the HIA early booking benefits so technically what's being sold is a lesser product (cheaper beverage package, cheaper wifi, no prepaid grats). To me, that doesn't seem like an equivalent fare. I'd wager the grats alone amount to more than $200 for 2 people. For that reason, it makes sense that the time to use that guarantee has passed, but I don't want to leave that $200 on the table because I overthought something or didn't ask, so figured I'd check with y'all experts and see if anyone has used this benefit or is otherwise familiar with how it works. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have!

If you have a good TA they can probably call HAL and negotiate but if the current HIA is less than what you booked and the same delta in lower price, HAL considers it same even if base price is lower. But I just called my TA because the fare was $2k less and the current (lesser promo) HIA difference was only a few hundred difference. So I had TA reduce the fare. I actually also canceled HIA to save even more since we won't be using excursion or drink package (5* will just buy wine package), dint need the restaurant credits and can purchase wifi package separately. Kept same cabin and booking number. But it will depend on who you talk to at HAL since consistency is not a HAL strong point. 

• Thanks 1