Heimaey, Westman Islands RIB Safari Tour

Hello,

We are in Port 8a-5p (Niew Statendam).  Tender.  The options seem to be (i emailed for more info or more times, but no response yet) a two hour RIB tour at noon or a one hour tour at 2:30 pm. Is the one hour tour cutting it close to tender back to the ship for a 5 pm departure? Is it even close to where the tenders are?

I am more comfortable with a noon-time tour, but is it worth the extra cost for a two hour tour, or is one hour enough? I'm also concerned about the weather, but I feel like the few spots would book up if I don't book now. There website does not explicitly state they will refund for cruise ship port missed due to weather.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

It is a small island.  Won't take 45 minutes to get from the further point to the tender dock, probably less.

I'd ask what the 2 hour includes that the 1 hour doesn't include.  There are lots of great wildlife opportunities on the island

You can also hike the volcano, shop in the cute shops and there are a couple REALLY good restaurants

On 1/30/2024 at 2:20 PM, Nitemare said:

It is a small island.  Won't take 45 minutes to get from the further point to the tender dock, probably less.

I'd ask what the 2 hour includes that the 1 hour doesn't include.  There are lots of great wildlife opportunities on the island

You can also hike the volcano, shop in the cute shops and there are a couple REALLY good restaurants

I ended up booking the two hour tour and they did email me back and advise me that they would provide a refund if the ship didn’t dock. 

• 2 weeks later...

What companies can you recommend for the RIB tours at Heimaey? I like the company you reserved with will refund if the ship can't dock due to weather. Heard that happens frequency.