It pays to keep checking!

rjack22

Tonight I was able to upgrade our cabin from a Deluxe Balcony to a Mini Suite!   First of all they were able to re-fare which surprised me since all I have been hearing about is that you have to cancel and re-book possibly losing perks.  I was fully prepared to cancel and rebook.  The difference in fares for the two of us when all was said and done was only $151 more!!!   AND they also gave us a $100 OBC to boot!   So for really only $51 we got a mini suite!   I have been checking off and on ever since I originally booked last April and the cruise isn't until March 2025 so still a long time out.   But up until tonight it would have cost $800-$900 more for the two of us.   This was literally a no brainer.  And it was nice being re-fared and keeping the same deposit and booking number!

So just keep checking and keep calling, it might pay off.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, trashnob said:

Check what, exactly? : )

The cruise fare. If it drops call Princess and they will re-fare the price. I did it on every cruise we have taken. 

• Like 1

I have no problem doing it.  Our current cruise my wife and I have saved over $1000 total after rebooking 3 times!!  I check price by putting the current cruise as a saved cruise, and checking a room in the same category every week or so.  

Our cruise fare has dropped $148pp now but we have $100pp OBC and our PVP says that if we cancel and rebook for the lower fare we would lose the OBC. He says it would be a cancel and rebook not a refare because the current promo is for new bookings only. I assume he is correct hopefully. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

Our cruise fare has dropped $148pp now but we have $100pp OBC and our PVP says that if we cancel and rebook for the lower fare we would lose the OBC. He says it would be a cancel and rebook not a refare because the current promo is for new bookings only. I assume he is correct hopefully. 

Your PVP is correct. It happen to us last year. We had to go with the new promotion without $100pp OBC however, we were re-fare not cancel. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rjack22 said:

Tonight I was able to upgrade our cabin from a Deluxe Balcony to a Mini Suite!   First of all they were able to re-fare which surprised me since all I have been hearing about is that you have to cancel and re-book possibly losing perks.  I was fully prepared to cancel and rebook.  The difference in fares for the two of us when all was said and done was only $151 more!!!   AND they also gave us a $100 OBC to boot!   So for really only $51 we got a mini suite!   I have been checking off and on ever since I originally booked last April and the cruise isn't until March 2025 so still a long time out.   But up until tonight it would have cost $800-$900 more for the two of us.   This was literally a no brainer.  And it was nice being re-fared and keeping the same deposit and booking number!

So just keep checking and keep calling, it might pay off.

You got a major SCORE wtg!

I too keep on checking the cruise fare. We have a European cruise booked on the Island Princess for this August and by checking the fares, my cruise was re-fared at $1500 less than I originally booked it at.  The only caveat was that we have to settle for a guaranteed cabin. But we're not fussy and I see that the cabin location will be midship and I've been told that since we are Platinum, there's a possibility of an upgrade. We may also have the option of asking for another cabin if we don't like what we get.

On 1/26/2024 at 7:45 AM, rocklinmom said:

I actually referred our cruise last week 2 days before final payment. I noticed it had gone down $260pp cad,  BUT we had additional $300 USD OBC each with the original booking. We weighed our options and decided to refaire and lose the OBC as we had enough from other sources to cover what we’d need for the cruise. Called my PVP and she actually refared it to save us even more ($375 cad pp) AND we kept our OBC from the original booking. I was really pleasantly surprised, but it shows you never know. Doesn’t hurt to ask. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For those who had canceled & rebooked for lower fares in the past, were you able to keep the same stateroom?

LAX

Edited by LAX

19 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

I actually referred our cruise last week 2 days before final payment. I noticed it had gone down $260pp cad,  BUT we had additional $300 USD OBC each with the original booking. We weighed our options and decided to refaire and lose the OBC as we had enough from other sources to cover what we’d need for the cruise. Called my PVP and she actually refared it to save us even more ($375 cad pp) AND we kept our OBC from the original booking. I was really pleasantly surprised, but it shows you never know. Doesn’t hurt to ask. 

Yes that's why I asked our PVP and he said we would lose our OBC if we re-fare. Sounds like as usual there is no consistency with Princess. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes that's why I asked our PVP and he said we would lose our OBC if we re-fare. Sounds like as usual there is no consistency with Princess. 

From what my PVP says there are always multiple offers and prices on any given cruise and the website only shows the “best” one which may or not be the best for you. It sounds like it depends on whether the new pricing is an “offer” or just a price reduction. You’re right, it’s not consistent. Sorry it didn’t work out in your case.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

The only consistency with Princess is the inconsistency 🥴

• Like 1