Pre-booking specialty dining with Dining package?

skydawg

Hi all, we purchased a three night dining package on Ascent (one month away...yay!!!). How does one go about pre-booking those reservations BEFORE we get on the ship? If you use the app it wants to charge you for it (again). Thanks!

Purchasing the dining package does not allow you to book a reservation prior to boarding. Once you board you would go ( last time we were on board) to just outside of guest relations and there is a table set up for making reservations. Some have gone to a specialty restaurant and booked there.

Now with that said as an Elite plus maybe Elite a benefit is booking reservations a head of time by calling Captains Club. We are Elite Plus and have not tried this, but we are sailing Ascent next month and may try it. I think the reservation may never make the ship. 

Cheers! 

58 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Purchasing the dining package does not allow you to book a reservation prior to boarding. Once you board you would go ( last time we were on board) to just outside of guest relations and there is a table set up for making reservations.  Now with that said as an Elite plus maybe Elite a benefit is booking reservations a head of time by calling Captains Club.  

Hesitant to say advance specialty dining is opening a can of worms but some higher-end lines organize advance dining reservations based on cabin class and/or loyalty level - more fuel on the fire about onboard class distinctions. OTOH, a scramble to embarkation res dining queue on 1st come, 1st served basis contributes to other disappointments.

I would favor that at least those advance buying the unlimited or multi-night specialty pkgs getting priority access but allocating preferred time slot availability would still be an issue.  Anyhow, I feel fortunate to have such tangential concerns with regard to overall travel opportunities/choices.  HAPPY CRUISING

Celebrity is aggressively marketing specialty dining to be purchased before boarding with all sorts of promotions, yet they never tell you that that packages preclude making advance reservations. When I realized this, I went to book a reservation for the restaurant I wanted to try the MOST,  separately from the package (lots of onboard credit to use) and there were no dates/times available. Others on the same sailing HAD been able to make reservations by booking individually WAY in advance (before 120 days I suspect). I am hoping there are still some reservations that were held back to book onboard and feel like those who pre-purchased packages SHOULD get SOME preference. Otherwise I’ll be asking for a refund of my package to my OBC for certain. I know that suites get some preference (Royal and above get unlimited specialty dining included), but not certain about Loyalty (Captain’s Club) status. So dining package buyer beware.  And if you REALLY want to dine somewhere, especially on a certain date/time, book it as soon as possible without looking for discounts—there is always a catch!

8 minutes ago, Tierun said:

This point is stated clearly when booking on the website under “Highlights”.

IMG_0021.jpeg

Thanks for pointing this out. Apparently I missed the fine print as have many others. I still wish they EXPLICITLY told you that you COULD  make an advance dining reservation for a particular restaurant by purchasing separately and not in a package. 

• Like 1