E-Documents ???

JoshGrrrr

My ship leaves Sunday. I still have not received my documents from Costa. I have yet to recieve anything from them.

I did recieve a PDF file via e-mail that appears to be a cruise ticket. I called my travel agent and they said that that was my ticket and I would not be recieving any documents in the mail.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Should I expect problems at embarkation?

We are booked on Magica, 4/16-21, and were told by ta we dealt with through Yahoo that Costa would send document(s) to us via email about 2 wks before departure, as opposed to paper documents. Similarly, we received electronic confirmation documents from Yahoo after we purchased the cruise. At the Costa web site, we are able to view our booking information with the cabin we purchased, so Costa knows we're coming.

JoshGrrr, Sorry to hear that you didn't receive paper cruise docs. Sounds like your travel agent uses e-docs to cut costs. Did you print-out your e-docs? We booked through an online agency about 6 weeks before our 3/5 Magica cruise and received our cruise docs about 3 weeks prior to our cruise. I hope you printout your e-docs and read them. Our docs were a 1/2 inch thick little booklet crammed with information about the cruise. There were 2 page cruise tickets for each guest that we needed to have completed and ready to hand in when we registered at the Port on departure day. Other pages needed are the page you submit the first 2-3 days of the cruise to register your credit card to settle your account and the page you submit a few days before the end of your cruise which lists your post-cruise travel arrangements. Costa uses this page to determine the order of disembarkation so those with early flights home are scheduled to get off first and us aimless bums get off at our leisure. Hope you are able to print these pages. Our docs asked us to register online with Costa 2 weeks prior to our cruise. I thought this would help us get aboard faster but it didn't seem to serve any purpose. E-docs will get you there, so have a great cruise!

Do'nt forget to go to costa's web site and fill out your embarkation form and print it out and take it with you. You will need you confirmation number to log in. When you get to port you will have to get blank bag tag's and put your name and room number on them.

Archived