Docking in Amber Cove looking for Larimar

We will be in Amber Cove next month. We have an excursion planned, but I believe we will still have some time for shopping. Does anyone know where I can get some Larimar jewelry? Is there a place at the port? Is there a better place in town? I would like to buy from local artisans if possible. I love being able to take something original home with me.

I remember seeing some at La Aurora, which is a cigar place actually, during a tour last year. They also sold very nice rum and some jewellery. Lots of places will have it though. Since we didn't have time to shop right at the Amber Cove port places, I don't know if they have it there. I bought a larimar set years ago, in San Juan. What other ports will you be in?

Depending on your tour, there should be opportunity to buy larimar; there is amber and larimar in lots of shops at other Dominican ports. You might check out the ship's shops, as they usually have some too and you could check their prices and quality to compare later!

There is a local artisan market at the Grand Turk terminal shops area that might have something else made locally, since you like that. I got some homemade scented bath salts there but there were other things.