A last minute question???

ShariNJim

We are leaving this Saturday on the Wind Spirit out of St. Thomas. I've read about the warm cabins, but how is the dinning room? It seems that on the big ships they have the air cranked up and you freeze in all the common rooms especially at night. Need to know if I should worry about packing wraps or sweaters.

Thanks,

Shari

Shari:

we were on the windspirit in February and we found our cabin to be cold! we did not find the dining room or other public areas to be too cold-

you will LOVE the ship-tell Romael the bar manager that Nancy from Chicago says hello!

if you have any other questions, let me know

have a great trip!

nancy

Thanks Nancy. That is great news. I like to sleep when it is cool and was worried about the cabins because the windows don't open. What time did you board? Our time to depart has been chaned from 6 to 10 PM, but they said the boarding time is still the same. I will tell Romael hello from you. I'm so excited, this is our first Windstar cruise.

Shari

Shari:

we arrived at the ship at 2pm and were in our cabin in about 15 minutes. The boarding process is absolutely painless!

It is a fantastic cruise! We loved it! In fact we booked another cruise with 2 other couples we met this time for next year.

We loved the shore excursion to the Baths at Virgin Gorda-I would recommend it!

I also loved the open bridge-we visited Andy every night before going to bed-he gave us a tour of the bridge and answered my 200 stupid questions-in fact-go say hi to him too please! He is on from 8am-12pm and then from 8pm-12am.

Also, on the private island bbq, ask charlie from water sports to give you a zodiac tour of the island-it was great fun!

I wish I was going with you!

Have a blast!

Nancy

Nancy, we have been to the Baths before, did you do any of the other excursions?? I was wondering about the kayaking in St. John, seems like a lot of money to torture oneself with all that exercise! We might try to arrange it off the ship. We like to snorkle, so most of our days are in the water. The BBQ sounds like a lot of fun, I can hardly wait. Will tell everyone 'hi' for you. We have been on enough of the large ships this will be our first small ship. What did you think of the entertainment??

Shari

Shari,

We are considering your upcoming cruise for next January, please let us know how you like it.

Debbie

Debbie,

If you have been on Windstar (or any Holland America ships) before, they have a great Foremast Club price on the Jan 27th cruise out of STT.

Shari:

the baths was the only excursion we took. on the other islands we went to the beach on our own. there is not a lot of entertainment on the ship-there is a 2 man band which is very good. most of the entertainment was sitting on the deck at the bar...that being said we had a great time and met some great people. Dont miss the crew show-it is hilarious.....tell Romael that he is a great "dance captain".....

also..try swimming off the back of the ship-it is a lot of fun-you can also get a kayak off the back of the ship-which was fun too

have fun!!!!

Nancy

Archived