Favorite red wine on premium plus drink package

I love the Robert Mondavi Emblem.   Last summer it was only available by the bottle which was still a good savings with the premium package.  Of course two years ago it was available by the glass and we didn't have the premium so we just paid the difference. We purposely bought the upgrade for last years cruise but then they changed it to the bottle only but we still enjoyed a few.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, baflagg said:

I love the Robert Mondavi Emblem. 

Completely agree! 

we came home and bought 6 bottles from wine.com 

The wine is actually created by Michael Mondavi, Robert’s son. 
Michael Mondavi also has partnered with NCL to create the East West wines, and some of those, not all,  are in the unlimited beverage package (last time I checked on our cruise mid-January 2024) Try the East West wines on your next cruise. They are enjoyable reds and Prosecco. 

https://www.michaelmondavifamilyestate.com/The-Wines/Emblem

Cheers 🍷

And thank you for posting this question. I would like to say I’m a wine aficionado, but I’m just someone that enjoys wine. I drink what I like no matter what others may say

we are on The Escape in a few weeks. The Escape has the Mondavi wine bar. It is lovely, if you haven’t been. Go to the wine tastings, and soak up all the knowledge from the Simms on board. They are incredible. Many of them are testing to be Master Simms, which even to test is an achievement. 

Go to the wine bar (deck 8 ) on your embarkation day and there is a table that lists the wine tastings and a sign up sheet. We always go to at least one tasting on a cruise. 

Enjoy your cruise and cheers 🥂 

Follow up question…best red and white wine choices from the standard beverage package?  Also, do you have a favorite wine to choose from the platinum “free” dinner?  I realize that inventories differ from ship to ship, but what have you maybe enjoyed lately?

• Like 1

I had the East/West back when it was included with the standard drink package, remember thinking it was pretty good.

My favorite from the standard was the Tempranillo, which they sometimes/some places didn't have available.