Contemporary Rock Music Bands on Grand Princess

rnr4thatsme

We are looking at the Grand Princess for July 2025 to Alaska.  I was wondering if there would typically be live contemporary rock music bands performing somewhere in the evenings?   I've heard there is a usually a piano bar event at Crooners, is that still the case?  We enjoy having a drink and watching bands play contemporary rock music, not big jazz fans.

43 minutes ago, rnr4thatsme said:

We are looking at the Grand Princess for July 2025 to Alaska.  I was wondering if there would typically be live contemporary rock music bands performing somewhere in the evenings?   I've heard there is a usually a piano bar event at Crooners, is that still the case?  We enjoy having a drink and watching bands play contemporary rock music, not big jazz fans.

Princess usually has several different bands playing in different venues throughout the cruise.  
While there are no guarantees you will have the best band playing pop or rock, I can almost assure you with certainly that someone will be to your liking.  

• Like 1

Hard to say what you will get. I like Crooner’s piano bar. There’s normally a “party band” playing somewhere. The Grand has a DJ at night in the One Five nightclub. The music will vary based on passenger requests and the skill of the performer. Our friend, Paul Holmes, is the current piano man on the Ruby Princess. He played Dark Side of Moon and Zombie for us. He also does Elvis, Neil Diamond, Elton John, George Ezra, Johnny Cash, and Darius Rucker. The good ones play a little bit of everything.

• Like 1