MSC Solo Booking Blocked Advice Needed

SeaNStars4Me

I am trying to book a solo cruise on MSC in April. It was fine last week but when I went to book today it is saying it is "Sold out". However, when I try to book for 2 passengers then it is fine. So it is ONLY SOLO bookings that are being blocked. This seems to happen with them. My questions are: Has anyone had this happen to them and then found that it "re-opened" for solo bookings again? (Like closer to the cruise date?). Has anyone called and spoken to an MSC rep on the phone and had them be able to over-ride this? I was planning to book an Balcony Aurea so one of the higher levels.  Any advice appreciated!

What has been recommended does often work.   MSC recently changed the Terms & Conditions to address this practice.   They specifically mention that they may charge additional fees, above the loss of the canceled second passenger.  I have never heard of this being enforced.   Some people have mentioned it may only be used against repeated exploits of their obvious limits on solo bookings. 

Read section 13 closely. 

booking-terms-and-conditions-231208.pdf

Edited by Até

2 minutes ago, Até said:

What has been recommended does often work.   MSC recently changed the Terms & Conditions to address this practice.   They specifically mention that they may charge additional fees, above the loss of the canceled second passenger.  I have never heard of this being enforced.   Some people have mentioned it may only be used against repeated exploits of their obvious limits on solo bookings. 

Read section 13 closely. 

booking-terms-and-conditions-231208.pdf 372.72 kB · 0 downloads

Just as a point of reference - it was an MSC customer service person on the phone who told me to do this recently (in the last couple weeks).

That doesn't mean it's not against the rules, but I'm doing a solo cruise on the Seashore following a cruise with my wife and kids on the Seascape because I have to be back in Florida the following week and when I called, I asked about this and that was their recommendation. 

36 minutes ago, SeaNStars4Me said:

UPDATE: I tried again today and it let me book the Solo trip! So guess it changes by the day!   

The cabins for solo bookings do seem to be limited, so booking early is a good plan, or waiting until close in when the restrictions are likely to come off.

Glad you found the availability you needed though.

1 hour ago, SeaNStars4Me said:

UPDATE: I tried again today and it let me book the Solo trip! So guess it changes by the day!   

Yes. I have found that as well. I think their system will put a hold on a cabin for a certain amount of time, if you go far enough through a booking, but don’t finalize it. I was looking at one booking to see what cabins were available, then went back in later, to actually book the cruise and it said solos were not available. The following day I tried again and was able to book in the cabin I had chosen originally.  It seems they sometimes they release more solo cabins closer to the sail date, if the sailing isn’t selling well. So always keep checking.