Enclave for Day Included with Spa Treatment?

CruiseMob

Last week on the Discovery I had a facial and massage. I specifically asked when I booked the treatment, and again when I checked in, if I could spend any time pre- or post treatment in the Enclave. I was told NO, both times. I enjoyed my services and would definitely book another Biotec facial on a future sailing. FYI though, treatment rooms are located under the theater. My appointment was at 3p and during my massage rehearsal started above. It sounded like they were performing Riverdance. The technician apologized, but nothing she could do about it. The "performance" above ended about the same time as my treatment. I even asked then if I could spend some time in the Enclave. The answer was still NO. 

Oh I just found the following on my reservation. I don't know what the relaxation areas are but it sounds like steam and sauna are included with Thermal Suite extra.

We encourage you to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled treatment to begin your Lotus Spa experience by unwinding in our relaxation area, Thermal Suite*, steam room and/or dry sauna (on select vessels).

*Thermal Suite - separate fee applies

2 hours ago, CruiseMob said:

Oh I just found the following on my reservation. I don't know what the relaxation areas are but it sounds like steam and sauna are included with Thermal Suite extra.

We encourage you to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled treatment to begin your Lotus Spa experience by unwinding in our relaxation area, Thermal Suite*, steam room and/or dry sauna (on select vessels).

*Thermal Suite - separate fee applies

On the Royal Class ships I've been on, the saunas are in the Enclave. My guess is they are not then available for a free visit with a spa treatment.

Thanks. Well, that's a bit disappointing. Does anyone know what a single day fee would be on treatment day, or do you have to purchase the whole week?

Edited by CruiseMob

What ship are you on? The older ships I have been on have a steam room and sauna in the locker/change room that could be used any time (not just with a spa treatment). The Discovery did not have this and the steam/sauna/hydropool/heated loungers were only in the Enclave. I asked about a day pass and they said they only sold the whole week, no day pass. You may get a different answer on a different ship, or if it is a slow week for Enclave sales. Others may have had different experiences, but this was mine on Discovery, just last week.

I understand that they really want to sell the weekly pass, or pass for the length of voyage.  Single days can not be booked until after the first day, if they have availability.     So, no guarantee.

Thus the 'sell' on boarding day.

I don't know if they really follow this, but I have heard of a max. number of Enclave passes per day.

If the max limit are filled up with passes for the whole time, then daily passes might be hard to come by.