Rainbow Cruises or Cruise Vacation Center????

tracie

Has anyone ever used this company. They have an internet sight called Cruise Vacation Center, but their company name is Rainbow Cruises. The prices that I received seem almost to good to be true. They beat Carnival by over $200.00 and other leading TA by $100.00++. Any advice? Thanks

Tracie

10/10/04 Our First Cruise

I may be WAY off base here, but you did ask for advise.

My first thought when I saw the name "Rainbow Cruises" is that this company MAY cater to the gay community. It could very well be that this company organizes gay cruises. In todays lingo, Rainbow does have a certain conotation. Nothing wrong with that in MY opinion, just that if your not a member of that community and not comfortable with it, you may not enjoy your cruise experience.

Hoefully my opinions stated above was PC enough. It was NOT my intention offend anyone.

What ship and sail date will you be booking on.... call Carnival yourself and ask if they are familiar with the agency, then ask if the ship may be chartered by people of an alternate lifestyle.....I would think that if you had already called Carnival and found their rates were higher than the TA at Rainbow quoted you, the ship is not chartered and you will be OK.

You could also check with the BBB to see if they have any claims against them.

Also ask if they have any cancellation fees, doe they honor rate reductions, are they members of CLIA (they should be and if not then at least ASTA) or any other cruise asociations.

The title of their company should really have no bearing on this as long as they are legit !

Curtis...

Waiting patiently for MY ship to come in !!!

I know of a company called *Rainbow travel*, but not Rainbow cruises. If it is Rainbow Travel, then it is a very reputable firm, and I have dealt with them before... If you want any further information about them, feel free to email me at lunyma@aol.com...

Pam : )

Emerald Seas 6/20/83

Nordic Empress 6/93

Imagination 3/30/00

Ecstasy 9/4/00

Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00

Triumph 12/16/00

Radiance of the Seas

3/26/01 & 3/29/01

Crown Odyssey 6/24/01

Golden Princess 10/11/01

Spirit 11/11/01

Sensation GGC 1/13/02

Sovereign of the Seas 3/24/02

Imagination 5/18/02

Pride 11/2/02

Explorer of the Seas 3/29/03

Enchantment of the Seas 9/1/03

Serenade of the Seas 10/28/03

Grand Princess 11/16/03

check out my pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma

Tracie: I also had similar concerns about this Cruise Vacation Center, but when they did not answer my emails I marked them off my list of possible TAs. Maybe you will have a different experience but this just seems like a bad sign to me.

Grand Princess 5/29/2004

Dawn Princess 3/7/2004

Dawn Princess 3/10/2003

Golden Princess 2002

Sea Princess 2001

Carnival Fastasy 1997

Hi tracie,

Cruisevacationcenter is a reputable agency. I have used them twice. just as most online agencies you have to know what you want before you call them.

They DO NOT charge a cancellation fee. My agent does a good job of adjusting prices even after final payment is made. I have always been able to reach my agent by phone. If it's her day off, she calls me back soon after getting back to her office.

In my opinion, I an happy with them. I always have two to three cruises booked at a time, and consistently they seem to have very competitive pricing!

I've tried a lot of the other agencies, but Cruisevacationcenter continues comes through for me!

I have used them for 2 bookings and found them to be professional and the cheapest rate out there. BTW I leave tomorrow for my first cruise I bought for them.

Jubilee 6/88

Celebration 6/14/04

Elation 7/18/04

Archived