Church Bay or Other Port Day Activities

shyly8585

Hi,

We will be on Royal Caribbean ship with a short stop in Bermuda (8:00am - 4:00pm).  I am looking into Church Bay - some Google reviews said decent snorkeling spot. 

Has anyone been to Church Bay recently?  What's the best way to get there? Will there be shuttle or buses to go there?  If shuttle, will we be able to get the return shuttle at Church Bay, or do we need to go Horseshoe or some bigger landmark? 

What's your experience at Church Bay?  From the Google pictures, there's a staircase going down to the bay.  How bad is the trek down and back?  We will have a 5 year old and a 2 year old with us.  

Besides Church Bay, what other locations and activities do you recommend?  We have been to Horseshoe Bay, prefer to go somewhere new.  

Thanks!

You would need to take a taxi or a #7 public bus and you probably would have to take the #7 bus back but don’t take a 5 or 7 year old to Church Bay. The surf is too rough. I think for that age group Horseshoe Bay is best for an 8am to 4pm day. If you are there when the ferries to St George are running you could do Tobacco Bay. 

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You would need to take a taxi or a #7 public bus and you probably would have to take the #7 bus back but don’t take a 5 or 7 year old to Church Bay. The surf is too rough. I think for that age group Horseshoe Bay is best for an 8am to 4pm day. If you are there when the ferries to St George are running you could do Tobacco Bay. 

Thank you!  Good to know on the waves for Church Bay.

From my other post, I think Tobacco Bay/St. George maybe difficult given the short port time :-(.  We like Horseshoe Bay, so may end up there if we don't have other options.

Thanks again!

3 minutes ago, shyly8585 said:

Thank you!  Good to know on the waves for Church Bay.

From my other post, I think Tobacco Bay/St. George maybe difficult given the short port time :-(.  We like Horseshoe Bay, so may end up there if we don't have other options.

Thanks again!

Jobson’s Cove is another possibility. Protected and no surf. No amenities. You could take a taxi or #7 bus and probably would have to take a #7/bus back. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 1:47 PM, Charles4515 said:

Jobson’s Cove is another possibility. Protected and no surf. No amenities. You could take a taxi or #7 bus and probably would have to take a #7/bus back. 

Thank you!

• Like 1