Galveston - CCL Dream changes terminals when it returns?

This is our first time sailing out of Galveston. When we drive to the port, we typically park at the port for convenience (i.e. no shuttles). I was looking at available port parking and the express lot or garage next to terminal 28 seems like it'll be the best for us. Then I noticed that the Dream embarks from Terminal 28 but it disembarks to Terminal 25. It looks like this is a fairly common thing for the Dream.

So would the express lot or garage still be the best location for both terminals? I did look at the map and the terminals are fairly close to each other, but is there anything that prevents someone going from one terminal to the other? Anything that you'd have to walk around that makes you go way out of the way ... a fence, barricade, or something like that? Or is it just a longer stretch of sidewalk to get from 25 back to the express lot/garage?

Where did you see the info on Dream locations?  That doesn't make much sense to me, but things surprise me every day now.

True, according to Port of Galveston Schedule, Dream does vary between 25/28 - but only one terminal per "turnaround".  Embark/Disembark on same day from two terminals, is hopefully not correct.

All that being said, 25/28 are adjacent to one another.  Looking at the terminals, 28 is on your left and 25 to the right.  In general, 25 is going to be closer to the main entrance and from the SMP Garage, etc.  But to my knowledge there is no barrier to walk past 25 and get to 28.

Document?documentId=3165

2024-Monthly-UPDATED-192024 (portofgalveston.com)

When I was flying all the time, I'd park closer to whatever terminal I was returning to, as I always made time to get there early for departure and didn't want to mess with navigating parking when I got home. DFW was notorious for scattering departure/arrivals all over the place.

This happened to us on the Regal. We parked at the Express Lot and boarded at pier #28 and we were at pier #25 for disembarkation. It was a quick walk to the Express Lot not that big of a deal. They are very close.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 3:21 PM, mikayla73 said:

Thanks. Sorry I wasn't clear. I didn't mean they were the different terminals on the same day. Just that the cruise leaves from 28 and when it returns it's at 25. 

Carnival always has two ships in on Saturday and the Jubilee always gets Terminal 25, which leaves the other two ships at Terminal 28 that day.

The Express Parking operated by the Port of Galveston is a gem when you return to Terminal 28. It's like walking out of a Target. Your car is a really close.